Chapter 103.1 ~ Escorting Princesses

AN: This... will be a tough week. The last week of uni before X'mas and New years holiday is a full 6 days of going to uni... Hah... I hope I can find time to write >_<  

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter~!!!

The school week went by smoothly.

Most of the students in Leon's class were improving steadily. Amaterasu, Altria, Kierk, Julius, Silverius, and Cecily were on top of the class and they were also the ones improving the most.

All of them could now cast an intermediate spell with a short chant easily, something that was beyond what many expected from a student. Those six were most likely to be the class's representative for the upcoming tournament; 5 main participants and a substitute. As for the support staff who would help the participants with their equipment, Tina would most likely be the most appropriate candidate.

Tina's private lesson regarding the creation of magic items, specifically enchantment, with Leon were going well as well. At this point, Tina could enchant simple barriers and offensive spells onto multiple items at once easily and enchant a slightly complicated enchantment to an object with considerable speed.

The quality of her enchantment was beyond what many professional enchanters that worked in large magic item companies were capable of. They were efficient, effective, and fast, something that all enchanters strive to achieve.

Victoria would most definitely take her in as her disciple once she knew about Tina's talent, and Leon planned on introducing them in the near future.

Meanwhile, Duke Lucrious's daughter, Cecily von Lucrious, had been trying her best to seduce Leon and getting his attention. She would try to ask Leon to give her private lessons after class or invite him to tea parties hosted by her family. However, all her plans to get him to be with her privately were thwarted by none other than Leon himself. Leon declined all her tea party invitations with the pretext of being busy with investigations on the dark monsters.

Although it wasn't completely false, Leon's main reason as to why he refused her invitations was because he wanted to spend more time with his lovers and friends and prepare for the opening of his company. He had had tea with the Duke and Duchess Lucrious, along with many other high ranked nobles and the royal family in a small, private tea party.

Both the Duke and Duchess were not only intelligent but very kind and understanding. They were the King and Queen's childhood friend. The king introduced Leon to the two during the private tea party and they got along very well. The Duke and Duchess had always wanted to meet Leon in person, and they weren't disappointed. Rather, they came to respect and admire Leon even more after meeting him face to face and came to know him more.

They had asked Leon if he was interested in marrying their daughter, but Leon declined politely. The Duke and Duchess felt quite disappointed, but they didn't force him. After all, they believe a forced marriage wouldn't make their daughter happy in the end. Although arranged marriage in aristocracy was common, they wanted their daughter to marry out of love, just like they did.

During the extra lessons Leon would give during his breaks at Cecily's request, there would always be at least one other person present, usually Amaterasu and Altria.

It was clear as to what Cecily's intention was, to create more chances for her to get closer to Leon, but Leon was never swayed by her actions. The only thing Leon thought while Cecily tried to get close to him was how much he wanted to return home and be with his lovers.