Chapter 120.2 ~ Tournament Start

AN: Hope you guys have a nice day and week ahead of you~!!!!

The Royal Academy has two outdoor training grounds and the main arena. The two outdoor training grounds will be used for the individual battle elimination rounds of the first two days while the opening ceremony and the team battles on the next two days will be held in the main arena.

This morning, the main arena of the Royal Academy was filled by people of nobility and also commoners. The nobles all came partly due to their obligation since it is an event of the Royal Academy, but also because their children will be participating in the tournament. Even high ranking nobles such as the Lucrious household, whose daughter Cecily von Lucrious will be participating, took time off their busy schedule to attend the opening ceremony.

All of the participating students, however, became the most surprised when they saw the Royal Guard Commander and his family attending to watch this tournament.

The Royal Guard Commander would usually only come to protect and escort the Royal Family during the last day of the tournament. However, he was now here with his wife and daughter.

Obviously, the reason why Verand, Lidia, and Iris attended the opening ceremony was to see Leon. Vyra had told Iris that she, along with everyone from Crimson Lightning, Victoria, and Vincent, will also be attending the opening ceremony, though in disguise. Hearing this, Iris couldn't wait until the last day of the tournament to watch and see Leon and his students' performance.

Verand and Lidia also shared the same sentiment with their daughter and decided to at least watch the first day and last day of the tournament.

When Verand told this to the King, he almost lost his cool from how jealous he was of Verand for being able to watch it. He had to hold himself back from going to see his son-in-law and the students he taught since he had to wait until the last day.

Seara and Aria were also disappointed and expressed their envy to Lidia and Iris, causing the latter to sweatdrop and smile wryly. After all, the two most important and beautiful women of this kingdom were pouting like little children at them because they couldn't go and watch the tournament their son-in-law and future husband is participating in.

Arthur had even approached Vyra, who occasionally came to the palace to train with Iris, and asked her to lend him and his family a magic item that could disguise their appearance. But unfortunately, before Vyra could even answer him, Darius, the prime minister, suddenly appeared behind Arthur and told him that he had work to finish. Since Arthur wanted to take a whole day off on the last day of the tournament to visit Leon's mansion and celebrate his team's victory instead of returning to the palace right after the tournament ended, he had to finish that day's worth of work now on top of his other responsibilities.

Thus, the royal family ended up not coming to the opening ceremony. It might be unfortunate for them, but it was a blessing in disguise for the students. After all, they're already nervous enough with the royal guard commander here suddenly coming on the opening ceremony. If even the royal family suddenly made an appearance, they might be too nervous to perform well in the tournament.

The representatives of each class, along with their homeroom teacher, lined up according to their class in the arena grounds. The moment Leon and his team entered the arena and lined up in their place, all attention was onto them, both by the audience who recognized the [Dark Hero] and the students who knew they would be the biggest obstacle between themselves and victory.