Chapter 100.2 ~ Potential

AN: Things start happening~!!! Hope you enjoy this chapter~!! 

"A-Ahem... W-Well then. Is there something you wish to inform me."

Yves sat straight and sipped the hot cup of green tea elegantly. Her right hand lifted up the handle of the cup lightly while holding the saucer with her left. Then after taking a small sip, she put both of them down onto the table silently, a feat of etiquette and poise that she had attained over the hundreds of years of living and meeting with rulers and high ranked nobles.

Her luscious lips curved into a gentle smile and her eyes looked at Leon and the others who were seated around the table with overflowing kindness. However, the blush on her cheeks were still very apparent.

Her heart was still beating very quickly from embarrassing herself before, and this act of calmness was just to hide that embarrassment from them.

Noticing Yves's attempt to swipe her embarrassing action under the rug, Leon also acted as if she never hugged him tightly, rub her cheeks all over his stomach and sniffing his smell.

"Yes. Thank you very much for sparing us a bit of your time. We would like to inform you regarding the curse that the dark monsters possess."

The expression on Yves's face turned serious at the words "dark monsters" and began listening seriously.

Leon told her about the "curse" able to affect humans and people of the races as well. He told her about Yuki, the boy Leon saved from the brink of death, and the fact that he was inflicted by the same curse that the dark monsters possess.

Although the curse didn't affect him physically or mentally, as it might have just given him extremely bad luck all his life until Leon found him and purify it, it might affect people differently from one another. The fact that there was already a person that has been inflicted by the curse meant that there's a possibility of even more people receiving the curse in the future with different and random effects.

Yves eyes went wide and immediately turned serious again.

"I understand. I will conduct a thorough investigation of the curse that could inflict people of the races. Is there anything we could use as a lead?"

"Yes. The cursed ones would emit a faint dark aura similar to the dark monsters."

Yves nodded.

"Thank you very much for informing me about this, everyone. I'm very thankful."

"There's no need for thanks, Ms. Yves. But I would like to be informed of any information you might get from your investigation. Will that be fine?"

"Of course, Leon."

They smiled at each other.

"Then, we will excuse ourselves..."

"Ah, please wait."

Yves stopped Leon and the others when they're about to leave.

"Gardner will be coming shortly. He said he was finally able to get permission to bring his S rank weapon here to show it to us."

Then Leon recalled the conversation he had with Gardner and Yves during his housewarming party and nodded.

"After Vyra left yesterday, Gardner's subordinate came and told me that he'll be ready whenever. So since we are going to meet today, I told him to come today. After all, you would be busy with being a teacher in the Academy and preparing for your company, so I thought, might as well do it now when we all have the time."