12

"I know him...his name is Urge," I whisper to the room.

The Assembly has released it's weapon, quite literally. They treat him almost as though he actually is a weapon. I see how they take him out of the truck. I watch how the Moderators jump away as though completely cautious of him. His handlers seem to be afraid. Maybe fear is even an underestimate of what they feel.

"I feel like I do too," Wrath responds, "I can't put my finger on it though. This collar is really fuckin' with our heads. How do you know him?"

Wrath looks at me. It's awkward to tell someone how I know someone, especially after what's happened between Wrath and me not too long ago. I am still trying to figure out these feelings I have for Wrath. The intimate moment we had awakened something that made me so fuckin' uncomfortable.

"Congratulations both of you, really," Vanity responds rolling her eyes with a clear lack of interest, "I've heard of him too and he's dangerous. He's real dangerous."

I'm glad that she interrupts us. I watch as Vanity goes over to her suitcase. She pulls out something like a phone. It's a phone that seems like it's from a whole different time though. A phone that looks like it's from the 1990s or something. I think it's some sort of joke.

"What are you doing?"

"Getting us out here," Vanity explains, "The two of you can sit around and talk about your relationship woes if you want."

Vanity goes to the bathroom. It's awkward with her saying that. I can tell there is tension between the two of us. Wrath is looking outside of the window. We can't see Urge anymore. He's probably in the building now. He's coming for us. Neither of us are afraid for some reason. Vanity is freaking out. She's probably doing it for a good reason but the rest of us aren't afraid.

Wrath asks once again, "Desire...how do you know him?"

Awkward.

That is when there is laughter in the room. The laughter spreads across the room. It's laid on thick. I turn at that moment and see where it is coming from. Ego, who is laying next to Gluttony has awakened and he's laughing eagerly in this moment.

"Aren't you going to tell him about your lover, Desire?" Ego states.

The strange boy who we'd taken prisoner is sitting on the floor. He's staring at the wall. He isn't looking my way but he seems to know exactly who he's talking to. When he says my name I stare at him. I don't remember him. I don't recall anything about him but the way he says my name has all of this malice to it.

"You know me..."

"You did this to me," He states.

I know he's talking about his eyes or the lack thereof. When he says that I take an exhale. It explained the malice at this point that this man had for me. It made me wonder just how many enemies I had in my former life. I had all these connections and I was at a disadvantage because I couldn't remember any of them.

That's when I notice Wrath. He stares at me. It's this weird stare as though expecting me to explain. I don't know how to explain.

"I think I'm married to him," I admit to Wrath.

"I wouldn't be surprised," Ego interrupts, "Funny you don't remember. Looks like I'm not the only one who got fucked over. Karma isn't it."

Wrath strikes Ego. He hits him in the face so hard I swear that he kills him. That's not the case though. Ego is still alive. He's just knocked out. Wrath hitting Ego in the way he did has all of this aggression in it.

"Wrath..." I start.

I can't tell if he cares or not. The way he looks down at that moment is almost as though I can't read his face. A part of me thought Wrath was the kind of person to freak out if he cared about someone and got some news that made him feel some type of way. I thought he would act more like how Quix acted. That isn't the case though.