Chapter 25 - Meeting An Old Friend.

Ishita Hassan

Oh, this thing seems so snuggly to me. I felt so warm as I couldn't stop snuggling closer towards it. But it's not even that soft though, I could somewhat feel it as a hard rock thing or more like, muscly.

Wait a second, what do I mean by muscly?

I quickly opened my eyes to only be met with that two brown eyes that was shocked to see me and I noticed his hand staying on the air as if he was about to touch my face just now.

Oh my god, I was snuggling to him all the night and not to be kidding, I had the best sleep ever.

Ugh, what am I thinking? I moved away as fast as lightening and quickly sat up on the bed while turning away.

"I-I'm so sorry.  " I apologized, tugging my baby hairs behind my ears.

"That's okay. " he said softly as I sense him getting up from the bed.

"No, it's not okay. I crushed you all the night, aren't I? I'm very sorry. " I nearly pleaded for forgiveness but he just chucked.

"Don't just laugh, Nathan. Why don't you just push me away? " I asked him, after whining at his chuckle.

"I don't want to wake you up and you were very deep in sleep. " he said as I was still sitting awkwardly on the bed while playing with my fingers.

"Are you okay, Ishita? " he asked with a chuckle as he teases me for my awkwardness and I never met his eyes.

I usually don't snuggle onto things because I wouldn't feel comfortable as every girls do with their snuggly teddies but how could I felt amazing when it was him I was snuggled too?

With the same question running in my head, I peered at the open blue ocean that illuminates with the sunshines and my lips automatically formed into a smile.

*****

As per today, the first day in Bali, out families decided to make it a beach day today and they got all dressed up in their swimming suits, whereas I put on a casual outfit as I had no mood to swim in today.

Nathan had went to check up on our breakfast and my mother suggested to take a walk along the beach until Nathan showed up. We agreed and with some chit chatting, we brisked along the shores.

It has been pretty long since he went and so I excused myself from them to go to find my husband.

My husband, this two words comes out naturally in my mind nowdays but why?

Not waisting any time with my nonsense thoughts, I walked to the shelter that said to be the food corners and glanced around the stalls for any hint of him. But I found none and I was already worried about him.

Maybe, I should just call him. I minded and abruptly worked in it. The line went busy and I was feeling anxious already.

As I dialed again, I looked around to get any glimpses of him and I still found none.

"Ishita? " I heard someone calling me from behind and I turned around to see the person.

"Darren? " I spelled his name as I looked at him surprisingly and he nodded right away, smiling ear to ear.

Darren, my classmate in college, we were pretty close that time as we would team up always for any group projections and he was like a brother to me. I also heard this rumours going in about him loving me dearly and I never taken interest to acknowledge it.

On our final years, I flew to another college to continue my Master's Degree and since then, I lost contact with him. Now, he's standing right infront me. Which I don't know of how to feel about it right now.

"Hey, you wonder woman. How are you doing? It's been so long since I last saw you and dang...you look so beautiful than before.  " he said while studying me too to toe and I felt a bit uncomfortable with his gaze.

"I'm good, Darren and oh my, you still remember that name? " I said quickly, erasing the part when he said about me being beautiful which doesn't seem that nice to me with his intense eyeing.

"Of course, I do remember. It's hard for me to forget you...I mean, about you. " he uttered slowly while looking into my eyes with something strange and I immediately avoided the eye contact as I smiled awkwardly.

Was the rumours were right?

Suddenly, I felt something circling around my waist and I was pulled closer on his body. Nathan, he's here.

"Hey, wifey. I was searching for you everywhere and here you are. " he said sweetly as he pecked my cheek, for where I blushed right away.

"Wifey? Yo-Your married? " Darren interrupted and he was somewhat hurt rather than taken aback.

God, I just met him though and if he ever thought that we would have a chance to date like he would nag me in college days, I swear I'm going to grill him alive. What's with his sudden evoking feelings?

"Yes, I'm. So meet my husband, Nathan. " I introduced him and I averted my attention to my husband as I started, "And mister husband, this is my college mate, Darren. We were in the same batch when I was doing my Bachelor's Degree. "

Nathan nodded understandingly at my saying and he reached out his hand to shake it with Darren's. That guy on the other hand was looking us in disbelief and he did shook hands after some minutes of staring both of us.

"Good to meet you, man. Now, we need to excuse ourselves as our families are still waiting for us so see you later. " Nathan said while looking at me expectingly and he did something that I never expect him to do.

He intertwined our fingers together and my eyes were stuck on my husband.

"Yeah, sure. You guys should go on. " I only heard what Darren said and rapidly we were walking away, hand in hand as he clasped my fingers tenderly.

We made it to our families and Nathan informed us about the breakfast schedules here. We decided to have the food first before starting the beach day.

Then, we were leaded to a grand dining and our breakfast were served right away. After finishing, they talked about joining the sea and told them that I'm not joining for today.

"Why, dear? You will be alone on the shore. " My mother in law says and Nathan interrupted us.

"I will be here with here, mom. So no worries on that. " he said and I was about to tell him to not do so for me, he add in again.

"Well, it's not that I'm not joining the sea because I wanted to be here by her side. It's just...I don't feel like swimming today, you know. " he uttered out the fake explaination and I glared at him.

"Yes and we had already believed you, mams. " My brother teased Nathan and he rubbed his neck awkwardly.

Mams means, brother in law in Tamil.