15

JANUARY — THE AMO — 3:32 PM

2832 allowed herself to be dragged away. Madilyn brought her into some sort of miniature meeting room, or private sitting area. Two guys were inside, and turned to them. "Out," she seethed. When they saw the wild fury inside Madilyn's eyes, it seemed they knew to leave, possibly from experience. And once the two were along, she slammed the door shut so hard the room rattled a little.

Madilyn shoved her, and she stumbled to keep her balance. "Don't even think about taking leader away from Harpo."

"I don't understand."

"Don't play that bullshit with me," she lashed. "You can't just swoop in and take it, especially when you don't even deserve it. You should go back to your torture chamber where you belong."

"I never said I wanted leader," 2832 responded calmly. "I just want to leave the group."

Madilyn scoffed, crossing her arms as she rolled her eyes. "All SNs take leader. Everyone thinks that just because they're advanced they can be fantastic heads."

"If someone offers me leader, I'll take it. You don't know me or my capabilities. Don't be mad at me just because I'm an SN."

"You think you know so much about me," Madilyn sneered, coming closer to her.

"I have educated guesses," 2832 responded. "You have anger issues, that much is clear. You don't try to hide it. Your father is practically your role model. You said he was an agent here, so you followed in his footsteps. He could have retired or something along those lines but your pupils contracted, likely because of sadness. Therefor he died. Your hatred of supernaturals has no further reason aside from having to do with your father. It suggests he was murdered by one, most likely a wild one, and possibly brutally. Your obsession with no nicknames could just be a simple dislike for them, or your father called you by a nickname. Does Mads ring a bell? Mady? Lyn? Mady-Bear?"

"Shut up," she ordered, but it wasn't nearly as powerful as it could have been. It was quieter, weaker with sadness, and cracked.

"I also am lead to believe you have some fascination with Harpo. You have a connection with him that Sean does not, and he most likely speaks with you alone more than anyone else. You could have told me to not take leader, but instead you insisted I didn't take it away from Harpo. You care for him. Most likely the only person you have since your father's death, leading me to believe there was an absence of a mother and siblings in your life."

"Shut up!" She yelled. "How the hell did you know all that?"

"You're not hard to read, Madilyn," 2832 answered.

"Hey, Savage!" Sean called. "Come over here, meet Team Twenty-Three!"

Madilyn glared at her as she walked past and out of the room. She found Sean's head of red hair and came to a table, where the boy who had stood on the table was. He had icy blue eyes and blonde hair, and a large smile on his face. "This is Bradley."

She nodded.

"Bradley, this is our new SN. Took them long enough when Feather got himself killed," Sean rolled his eyes. "At least they finally replaced him. We're calling her Savage."