Six

"What are you over there thinking about?" My dad asked me as we sat in his limousine. I wore a shimmering silver dress that draped over the seat and a diamond choker. My now wavy hair was swept to the side.

"Nothing." I take a sip of the champagne that my father insisted that I have. I was more of a tequila girl, but this would have to do.

"Good." He adjusted his tie. "I need you to have a clear mind and be on your best behavior. This is not one of your sleazy parties. Don't treat it as such."

I hated when he did that. I hated his condescending tone towards me. I didn't bother responding. He didn't bother saying anything else.

I felt a wave of relief when we reached the Kingston estate. I stepped out of the limousine to see the lavish sight. In front of me was a greek-style mansion. Multi-colored lights graced the exterior of the house.

As I walked inside, I could hear the sound of a live orchestra playing some classical piece. My father caught up with me and stood by my side. He ushered me to follow him.

We stopped when we reached a man who didn't look a day over thirty. He wore a simple black suit and a charming smile. He had black hair and dark brown eyes. This was my first time seeing him, but his faced looked so familiar.

"Nick!" He exclaimed as he and my father shook hands. "Glad you could make it." His eyes then focused on me. "You must be Peyton." He held out his hand. "I'm Alexander Kingston, but you can call me Alex."

I reached out my hand and watched as he gave it a small kiss. Charmer indeed.

I couldn't stop my lips from curling into a smile. "Nice to meet you, Alex."

Our eyes locked for what felt like an eternity. I wanted to look away, but I couldn't. That is, until my father cleared his throat and I came back to the real world.

Now it was Alex's turn to clear his throat. His eyes looked passed me. "Elyse, come here! I have some guests that I want you to meet."

I turned to see a brunette in a white gown gracefully make her way to Alex's side. Half of her hair was pinned up while the rest flowed freely down her back. She was wearing a full face of makeup, with bright blue eyeshadow and a pink lip. She was beautiful.

"Peyton, this is my daughter Elyse." My eyes widened and I stood still, stunned. I felt heat rise to my cheeks.

She didn't say anything, but smiled and held her hand out to me. I noticed that she was wearing dress gloves that shimmered with her every move. I reached out my hand. We shook hands, which was nothing special or exciting, but it still caused a drum to beat in my heart. "Nice to meet you," I managed to say.

She smiled and bowed her head slightly. Our hands then disconnected and she whispered something in Alex's ear. He nodded and then she walked away.

He put on his charming smile again. "Sorry that was such a short introduction. She had other matters to attend to. Speaking of, I have some matters to discuss with your dad. There are some hors d'oeuvres and glasses of wine in the ballroom. I know that you won't have a problem socializing with anyone."

I smiled and nodded and left my father and Alex to talk. I scanned the party until my eyes landed on Wesley, who had just arrived.

"Waiting around for me?" He asked jokingly.

I rolled my eyes. "Never." 

"Ouch. That hurt." He plastered on his best puppy face with wide eyes and a pout that I hated.

"That was the point."

He laughed before pulling me in for a hug. "Come on, you know you love me."

I do love him. "I do not love you." I said as my chin rested in his shoulder. We were the same height because of the heels I wore.

"Keep telling yourself that."

I pushed away from him. "Look, just because I'm bi doesn't mean that I constantly consider dating both genders. Girls only for me as of right now."

He smirked. "That's kinda hot."

I gave him a deadly glare. 

"Woah there, I'm just kidding, Peyton." He laughed.

"Good." I say in a serious tone. I walked away from him.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"I'm going to where the alcohol is. You coming?"

He caught of with me. "You bet."

•••

A/N: I hope you all liked this chapter! Who is Elyse? How do you feel about Wesley? Comment and let me know!