Chapter 4~ Pack ... Control over me

Mckayla
~

I'd been gone two days thinking Nina would be gone by now but as I approached Jace's home I could smell her like the fresh kill I just devoured. Why couldn't she take the clear hint that I was not interested in anything involving her or my once ago pack? They were all as dead to me as her Alpha. We weren't nineteen, having a small hiccup in our relationship. Eight years passed between us and there was no getting that back.

Before I could walk through the door to tell Jace I was leaving New Mexico Nina stepped in front of me.

I resisted the urge to grab her by the throat. My eyes shifted gold as my breathing quickened. I could feel my own heart pounding arrhythmic. I was beginning to lose my patience with her and anyone else who thought it wise to stand in my way.

"Get out my way." As I spoke my wolf came through my voice. I slammed my hand against the outside wall of the house, my claws digging into the white painted wood. I had been in human form too many times already and my wolf was about to snap at any second.

"Can we start over?" Nina had a pleading look in her eyes. She combed her hair out of her face slightly nervous but also determined.

'That's nice. Too bad I didn't fall for that look anymore.'

"No," I growled.

I looked over her shoulder into the house noticing Jace and a few of his Weres talking. He acted as if he didn't know I was here trying to get in.

She was not going to move. I reached over placing both my hands, which were still in partial shift, over her shoulders and Nina shuddered, making what sounded like a groan under my touch. I wasn't sure if my claws penetrated her soft skin, so I quickly removed my hands.

I hadn't hurt her. Maybe she was surprised I touched her. She still had the same soft skin I remembered when we were nineteen. Her eyes widen as if surprised by something. I studied her a moment until she averted away.

I had to keep myself in control. "Just. Move." I tried to sound polite but that was pushing it.

"No," she said slowly making small eye contact before looking away.

"No," I repeated as if hearing incorrectly.

Nina's mouth curved into a smile. "You don't hear that word...often, do you?"

'What was she smiling about.' "I can force you out of my way," I said warning her.

"But that wouldn't be enjoyable; being I'm all...submissive and fragile."

I watched her cross her arms over her chest and I growled. "You are fucking unbelievable." I turned around shaking my head and faced her again. Why couldn't I shove her to the side like I did others that stood in my way? I'd been human skin too long letting my human emotions get in the way. "I don't have time for this."

Marie walked up behind Nina. "Leaving, are you?"

Nina turned to Marie and then me, squinting her eyes. She was getting to comfortable looking at me. I preferred the scared and uncomfortable version of her.

"Yes. Heading to the east coast. The Alpha over there, probably has new problems he'll want me to handle."

"Then you can call and tell him that you already have a job," Nina said matter-of-factly.

Marie laughed. "She doesn't use a phone."

Nina huffed. "Then once you're done helping us, you can fly up there."