Chapter 21~A Midnight Fight~Updated

Nina
~

I was pacing inside of the house as my hands sweat anxious with concern. I was sure by now the fight between General's pack and Mckayla's had already begun. I had to trust that everyone would make it back safely. Yes, a few scratches here and there but nothing serious or life threatening.

"You have to stop worrying," Bran told me. "Mckayla isn't going to let anyone with her die."

I knew he was right. I smiled trying to relax my shoulders as they felt rigid and disconnected from my body. I was making it difficult to breathe with the panic strangling my throat.

A few of the pack sat on the sofa, shivering with nerves as strong as mines. I was Prima and they didn't need me bouncing around with fear. I was about to speak when something distasteful to my scent caught my attention.

I never got the chance to voice my worry as Bran snarled telling everyone who couldn't fight to get striaght to the back. "Son of a bitch."

"Mckayla..." I cried. If General was here, what did that mean for Mckayla and everyone else?

"Mckayla's an everyone else is fine," Bran promised me. I assumed he had to believe that for our sake. "Nina...stay inside."

"No...I can't--"

"No. I need you to stay inside." Bran looked over to his concerned mate. "You too. Protect our pack." Sonia wanted to argue but she wouldn't question him at a time like this.

Bran nodded for a few other dominant wolves to follow and they shifted wolf. Sonia opened the door for them and slammed it shut as soon as they left. We heard talking that lasted only a minute before fighting began. I knew the sound of a battle between wolves. It had its own language and feeling.

I moved over near the front living room window as I peeked through the curtains. Bran had been fighting one rogue, taking him down swiftly when he finally faced General.

General's expression was smug and cunning, exposing as much of his canines as he could still in human skin.

The other two of our wolves finished off a few other rogues before facing General with Bran. In seconds they went forward attacking him as he dodged every attack with ease and grace. I hated that he was so good. He had trained Mckayla when she was younger in many fighting techniques before shit blew in and he raped her.

I begged whatever spiritual force, that Bran find a way to overpower General, giving Mckayla and the rest of the pack enough time to come back to us. I saw as General raked his claws across one of my wolf's flanks, having him buckle over. Bran tried to attack from behind when General yet again swerved out of Bran's grasp. I felt like I was at the edge of my seat and so did Sonia as she held onto herself tightly. I grabbed onto her hand giving her support and she calmed.

Another of our pack tried to snap his canines at General when suddenly General caught him by the neck gripping onto him tightly. I knew this fight was about to take a sharp deadly turn as he grinned maliciously at Bran before General snapped the Weres neck. I blanched crying out in horror as my body moved before my conscious realized what I was doing. Sonia tried to stop me as I could hear Bran fighting General alone.

"He's my mate. I'll go," Sonia snarled.

A few of my pack came out the room scared and I ordered them to stay back. I turned to face Sonia but she had already ran out the door and I ran over seeing she joined the fight. They both fought with as much courage and skills they could but General was just too good for them to handle on their own. When General seized onto Bran like a snake wrapping around him, he looked up at me smirking before he flung Bran toward a tree.