Chapter 12~ End To Come~ Updated

Nina

I never owned so much strength until tonight. I dragged Mckayla, sliding my hands under her armpits to keep hold of her carefully. She was heavier than me but I was determined to get her back to the pack. I made it all the way home, my pack noticing me from a far.

I screamed for help, a few of my pack members, including Sara coming to help.

"What the fuck happened?" I heard Bran snarl out as he picked Mckayla up on his own rushing her into the house. This would be the first Mckayla came into this house and it wasn't by choice. I hated the trouble I'd been causing her.

The stab wound to the flank of Mckayla's abdomen seemed to look infected, skin swelling inflamed. Purplish blue discoloration formed along the wound as well as over Mckayla's lips and fingernails. She looked like someone infected with a deadly virus. Wolfsbane was deadly to werewolves. Mckayla's arm draped over as I followed.

"General, is what happened." I tried to leave out the fear in my voice. I didn't want to relive any memory of Mckayla being hurt or the pain. I didn't say anything else and Sara noticed that I had held back in my response. Yes, there was a gap to how Mckayla guard was down due to my need to force her to see my way.

We put Mckayla all the way in the backroom, laying her on the bed. She finally woke, immediately heaving in pain under us. Mckayla snarled, fighting us as we held her down.

"I need to dig the silver out. Get me something fast to remove it," I ordered. I tried to feel her carotid pulse but Mckayla screamed in agony the moment I touched her. The wolfsbane was moving through her system quickly. Sweat dripped from her body. Skin slick was feverish, "Towels and a bowl of warm water."

"What do we do? What's wrong with her?" Rachel snarled. I looked at Rachel noticing her eyes flickering gold, holding tight against the door. Her hands formed into claws. She was scared for her sister.

"Mckayla will be fine," Sara tried assuring Rachel putting her hand on her shoulder.

Rachel shrugged her away. "You don't know that."

Sara nodded, falling back out of sight.

I was the Prima. I had to keep the pack calm. "Hold her down," I told them.

Mckayla screamed again yanking one of her arms away from Bran and she flung him to the side hard. Bran fell on the nightstand, standing back up. "Damn, she's fucking strong."

"Careful," I yelled. I walked over to Rachel, grasping onto both ends of Rachel's forearm. "She's an Alpha of a strong bloodline and your sister." I made her look at me, ruffling her hair. "She's not going anywhere."

Rachel put on a brave face looking in my eyes with trust. She always trusted my word and I was glad this was yet another time she trusted me completely. "I know. She can't die. Who wouldn't want to get to know me, right?" She said in confidence.

I smiled brushing the back of my fingers over her cheek. "Exactly."

Rachel looked passed me, watching her sister cry out in pain, and doubt crossed through her eyes. "She does want to know me...does she?"

I sighed. "She's not the sister your grandmother told you about. But ... she's still cares. She would have left long ago if she did not She won't come back the same, but she'll come back." I brushed a kiss over her forehead. "She always wanted a baby sister."

Rachel's cheeks flushed and squinted my eyes at her. She noticed my undeniable stare and smiled as if whatever she was thinking never existed. I didn't have time to analyze her. Then her face lite and she smiled. "Take care of her."