Chapter 14

Thanks so much for 2000 reads and 200 votes!

*This chapter is mostly smut, so if you're not into that then you should skip it!*

Callie's POV

It's been three weeks since Billie and I started this whole trial dating thing, and it's proven to be way more difficult than I imagined. The longer this goes on, the more paranoid Billie gets about people finding out and the more paranoid Billie gets, the more she pushes me away in public.

I get that this is way scarier for her than it is for me. The worst that that can happen to me if people find out is that some of her fans send me hate messages. For Billie though, that would mean she's being outed before she's ready to millions of people who are going to pick her apart until she's even more confused than she is now. So yes, I understand that this is a lot for her.

With that said though, I'm starting to get sick of how hard she works to hide it from everyone. It goes beyond simply not being affectionate with me around other people. She does everything she can to make people as least suspicious as possible, and it's starting to get under my skin.

At the same time, whenever we're alone, it's fucking bliss. It's like it usually is, except even better. We talk about the same things but now we get to steal little kisses between words. We share music like always, but now we can be honest when certain songs are for each other. We cuddle even closer than we did as friends, almost as if we're trying to hold each other so close we eventually morph into one person.

I'm on break from school, having just finished my finals, so we are hanging out even more than before. I'm staying at her house which has been great, except for the fact there have been a few close calls with her family almost catching us in fairly compromising positions. Finneas doesn't fucking know how to knock, so we always have to be extra careful if he's home.

Right now we're on her bed while she does a livestream. I'm not really paying attention, more focused on the book in my lap. Occasionally she asks me a question from one of her fans and puts me on camera, which I'm slowly starting to warm up to.

I hated it at first, now I manage to tolerate it. It's crazy how much attention I get for just being a small part of Billie's life.

"Cal, they wanna know if you're single," Billie says and I raise an eyebrow as I look up from my book, unsure of how to respond.

"It's complicated," I reply lamely and Billie pulls a face at that, making me chuckle. She looks at me for a second then looks through the chat again, laughing when she reads certain messages.

"Nah, she's not dating Finneas. That'd be fuckin weird, bro," she answers and I laugh, amused at the fact they even think that could be an option in any universe.

"I'm, like, super gay," I chime in and her smile falters for a second, which I notice before she quickly fixes it.

"I'm trynna set her up with Hayley Kiyoko," Billie tells the stream and I laugh quietly, looking down at my book again.

"Y'all stop being weird," I hear her say with a laugh as my eyes scan the page in front of me. "I like dick, bro! Only Sabrina Claudio can get it."

That makes me roll my eyes, but I don't react any more than that.

I'll prove that statement wrong as soon as she ends this fucking stream.

After a while longer Billie finally ends the livestream and I put my book down, immediately moving closer to her.

"Sabrina Claudio, huh?" I ask and Billie smirks.

"Yuh. She could totally get it."

"You're an ass," I mumble and press my lips to hers harshly, internally smirking when she instantly melts into it and wraps her arms around my neck to pull me even closer.