Chapter Four

•Chapter four•
*Alexanders pov*

"You are such an idiot." Nadine laughs, pushing me to the side slightly.

"How am I an idiot?" I fake pout.

"You screamed at jigsaw riding a tricycle!" She continues in her fit of laughter.

"Says the one that screamed at a body falling from the ceiling." I raise an eyebrow.

I recall last night when we watched Jigsaw, Nadine had requested it. It was hilarious considering the both of us managed to get freak out. Nadine passed out on the couch as we watched our second movie, The Notebook. We wanted to laugh at any cheesy-ness but when she fell asleep, I turned off the movie and left her be.

She woke me up this morning by violently jumping on me. Such a rude way to wake someone up. She's such a motivated person. I've rolled my eyes so many times already. I have no idea how someone who has has such a shitty life can manage to be so bubbly.

"I never asked how old you were." I blurt randomly, realising what I said was true. I'm technically twenty eight. Twenty freaking eight, acting like a teenager trying to get the guy I like to call of his wedding. Great. Im officially sixteen again.

"Twenty five." She looks sideways, in my direction.

I nod, instead of giving a verbal response, as we continue our way. We were heading back from the store to get some plates and all, instead of eating from and with our hands. It didn't take us long to get there and it didn't take long to get back either. When we come to my apartment door I stop quickly.

"Ethan." I say strongly. It wasn't bitter but it wasn't full of excitement either. He didn't warn me.

"Hey." He smiles.

"What are you doing here." I ask.

Nadine steps sideways, coming into Ethans view. Ethans eyes go from mine to hers. Instead of looking back at me he just stares at her and her holding bags. I notice how close she is to me and how I can feel her warmth radiating off from the front of her body onto the back of mine.

"I'm Nadine. Alex's friend." She smiles and holds out her hand.

"Ethan." He shakes her hand.

Ethan steps out of the door frame, giving me room to unlock the door. Once I do, I quickly come inside. I'd rather keep a distance from him. Nadine and I set the bags on the counter in the center of my kitchen while Ethan shuts the door.

"So what are you doing here." I ask and lean against the counter against the wall that has the stove, oven, sink, etc.

Nadine comes beside me but jumps up and actually sits on the counter.

"Just came to visit." He says. Ethan is clearly uncomfortable.

"August doesn't want you around me." I look at Nadine and she smiles lightly.

Nadine scoots closer to me and whispers in my ear. "I'm proud of you."

Assumably she said that to piss of Ethan but to also clarify I'm doing a good job of "standing up" to the one who decided to crush my poor grinch sized heart.

"What he doesn't know won't hurt him."

"So now you're a rule breaker and going behind his back but just a few days ago you obeyed him like you're a dog. Alright." I practically growl at him.

"Alexander, I do not want to argue." Ethan sighs, already defeated.

"Right." I laugh sarcastically.

"Alexander." Ethan trails off.

"I think you should leave, I have company over right now."

"But I'm also company?" Ethan looks confused.

"Nadine is a real friend." I spat.

"Wow. Fine." Ethan walks towards the door. "Text me when you stop throwing a temper-tantrum."

I roll my eyes as I hear the door close.

"You so stood up to him!" Nadine laughs and smacks my arm lightly.

"It was kind of hard, honestly. I felt really rude but he basically kicked me out after I moved here for him." I sigh and turn to face Nadine.

She puts her arms around my neck and pulls me in to a hug. But the way she's sitting I end up being slightly bent on the counter with my face squished against her breasts. I squeak.

Nadine lets me go from the hug but keeps her arms around my neck and looks at me worried. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just.. the placement of my face." I glance at her chest and back at her face.

Her face heats up instantly. "I'm so sorry oh my god!"

"It's okay." I laugh. "Do I get to meet Matthew?"

"He could probably come over right now, I'll go call him."

I nod and watch as she goes into the living area by the window. I don't tune into the conversation, making sure she has her privacy. I turn to the bags and start putting everything away. Is this officially
my home now? Am I missing anything?

The orders. The pillows and decor should arrive today at some point. I'll check my PO box before I decide to sleep.

"Matthew will be over soon." Nadine comes back and smiles.

We finish putting away the dishes and all I can think about is Nadine, meeting Matthew, and the wedding.

****OK SO IM SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SOOOOOOO SHORT. I might come back to this chapter and put in meeting Matthew if its not too long. I'll write it in docs and see how long it is. Like if its over 900 words I'll put it in a new chapter + add some more stuff but if its 900 words or less, I'll add it to this chapter so just look out !! ****