Chapter Eight

•Chapter Eight•
*Alex's POV*

"Alex." Ethan mumbles, slightly pushing on my arm.

"mm?" I keep my eyes closed and refuse to move.

"You have to wake up." He pushes a little more.

"Just a little longer."

"A little longer and the plane will take off again."

I go to pick my head up quickly but knock my head into his.

"Ow. Why was your head in the way?" I whine and rub my head.

"Because your head was on my shoulder." He puts a hand on his head.

We landed. We're back in Seattle. I quickly stand up, bumping my head into the extra luggage area above.

"Shit." I whisper harshly.

Guess it's injure myself day. I walk down the aisle of the plane and exit, into the airport. I didn't warn my family I was coming home. My father still hates me. But my mother should be happy, right?

Ethan follows, trying to keep up with my fast pace. I pull out my phone as we near the door.

"mom?"

"Yes sweetheart?" She says, slightly excited to hear from me.

"Can you come to the airport and pick me and Ethan up?" I ask.

"Wait what?"

"We flew here. I need to discuss some stuff with you and he wanted to visit his family." I try to quickly explain.

"I'll be there as soon as possible."

"Thank you so much." I hang up and look at Ethan. "She'll be here to get us soon."

He nods his head and looks around. "Kind of weird to be back. I know we were here recently but still."

"I guess I get it." I look at him.

It's hard keeping distance between us. At this moment, while we both look at each other, all I want to do is kiss him. Maybe just a hug. But I want him near me. I want to make him realise why he liked me in the first place. But maybe its for the better. If someone knew our story they'd think he had a case of Stockholm Syndrome. I even considered it at one point. What if he only loved me because I somehow convinced him he did? I obviously hope that's not the case but who knows.

"Alex?" Ethan puts his hand on my arm.

"I-yeah. What?" I focus my eyes back on him.

"I asked you a question."

"Sorry.." I mumble.

He drops his arm. "It's okay. You acted like you didn't want me to come here with you. Why?"

"Can I tell you later. I feel like right here really isn't the place." I give him a tight smile.

"Of course."

We both look away to see my mother pull up.

"Boys!" She yells as she comes out the car.

She spreads her arms and pulls us into a tight three way hug. "Oh i've missed you two so much!"

"Mom. Mom. We haven't been gone for that long." I whine.

She rolls her eyes as she pulls away from us. "Put your bags in the backseat. Alex you get the back."

I pout slightly at the fact that she kicked me, her own son, to the backseat. How rude.

"How have you boys been?" She asks.