Highborn Love (Tormund x Reader One-shot)

Credit to the gif creator

Summary: Tormund falls for a Lady of the South, even though she is soon to marry a Lord.

Word Count: 772.

Warnings: Angst, swearing.

A/N: Please feel free to send me a message/comment/ask, I would love to know what you think.

Tormund wasn't accustomed to the ways of the South, Lords and Ladies, rules and regulations, it was all too complicated for him. So when you came breezing into his life, you were like a breath of fresh air that knocked him from his feet. You were a lady, there was no doubt about that with your pretty dresses and perfect hair, you couldn't be mistaken for anything else. Then there was your clever mind and quick-witted tongue, they had given him hours of knowledge and amusement since the day you met and he doubted there was a man or woman alive who could rival you. But never in all his years did he think he would fall for a southerner, especially one like you, it was clear to anyone north or south of the wall that you were highborn, the highest of highborn. It was in the way you spoke, the way you walked, the way you rode your horse, even the way you sat and ate your supper, everything about you left no doubt of the countless hours you must have spent in training.

Yes, you definitely were a Lady, though somehow you were easy going and down to earth, yet at the same time so charming that you even had 'him' blushing from time to time. So many other Ladies barely even tolerated the free folk, not you, from what Tormund could see, if someone was good and genuine towards you, you were the same in return. Nevertheless, what he loved about you most of all was your low tolerance for bullshit and you never let anyone walk all over you, or others for that matter. For all your feminine and ladylike ways, you were strong and able and even capable of putting him back in his box, whenever he got carried away with things. You were so calming too, your soothing tone and level headed words never failed to pacify his fiery temper. And now he simply couldn't imagine a life without you.

So, as he lay there silently beside you, watching you sleep so peacefully with your hand upon his chest, he felt his heart grow heavy with despair. Tormund had always known this day would come, he just never expected it to be so soon, he always told himself to enjoy you while he could, knowing that one day you would be shipped off to marry some highborn Lord. Shaking his head, he moved your soft (HC) hair from your beautiful features, all this time thinking he had accepted it, but no, waking up beside you today for the very last time had a searing jealousy burn away in the pit of his stomach, spreading throughout every limb of his body with growing momentum. Tormund wanted you for himself and he wanted to give himself only to you and the very thought of some fucking highborn Lord, laying his hands on you in all the same places his hands had been, left nothing but rage in his head and hollowness in his heart.

Watching you stir from his gentle touch, he laid to memory your every movement, every sweet feature on your waking face, every speck in your sleepy (EC) eyes and every rise and fall of your naked chest. Drinking in the sight of your beautiful soft lips as you yawned, wishing he could see it all every morning, until his very last breath. As you nestled back in beside him, he rested his head on yours, feeling your fingertips gently tangle in his beard. Closing his eyes, he inhaled deeply, exhaling a jagged breath as you moved your hand to the side of his face, reaching up in search of his lips. At first, the kiss was tender and sweet. Reminding him of everything he would come to miss, yet as you rested your body on his, slowly the kiss transformed, filling with passion and rising urgency, leaving his thoughts in a wild mess caught somewhere between helpless emotion and desire. Pulling your lips from his, your chest was heaving with breathlessness, taking a moment to catch your breath you looked at him with unwavering eyes, your features filled with unbreakable resolve. At the sight, Tormund felt his heart pounding hard in his chest, his rough hands reaching around the small of your back, pulling you impossible close as you leaned down and spoke against his ear. The words as they left your lips making it feel as if the sun was shining upon him for the very first time. "Tormund, I can't do it, I can't marry him.... I will only ever love you!"

Please feel free to send me a message/comment/ask, I would love to know what you think.