24

Victoria's POV

"You're finally back.." Lucas muttered under his breath while looking at the beauty who interrupted me earlier.

A sudden pang of jealousy hit me so hard I thought I was gonna die.

Wait, why would I be jealous, anyway? I have no right to be. It's not like I'm Lucas' wife or girlfriend or whatever. I'm just his friend. Yeah. I should be cool about this.

Lucas stood up from his seat and hugged the lady passionately. Okay, according to what he had say earlier, they hadn't meet each other for a long time, so I guess a hug is normal.

But when it seemed like the hug wouldn't be broken anytime soon, I frowned. Who is she and what is she to him? Is she his girlfriend? Or even worse, his fiancé?? I quickly wiped my frown off so the lady wouldn't get any wrong idea when she looks at my face.

After what felt like years they finally broke apart.

The lady took a notice of me and smiled awkwardly, "And who is this cute girl?" She pointed her index finger at me.

Okay, that's rude! What kind of human point their finger at others?

Wait. I'm the rude one here! I shouldn't be accusing people when I don't even know them yet.

Gosh, my mind is a mess.

Lucas looked at me and smiled widely. He offered a hand to me and I gladly took it and stood up from my seat. He settled me beside him and put his arm around my waist securely. The action didn't go unnoticed by the lady as she observed Lucas' hand which is on my waist, his thumb going up and down my side in a comfort manner.

"This is my date for the night, Victoria." He said proudly.

The lady smiled, but it didn't reach her eyes. She took out her hand, "Nice to meet you. I'm Rosette."

I smiled back at her and took her hand, "Nice to meet you too." I said politely, even though I'm screaming on the inside.

Rosette pulled her hand away and blinked a few times as if restraining for something to come out from her eyes. She inhaled deeply and exhaled. "Well then, I better get going. My mom is waiting for me." She said, then turned around to look at an elder woman who's waving her hand at our direction. That must be her mom.

Lucas grinned, "Tell Lily I said hello."

Rosette turned back around to us, "Will do."

She was about to walk away to her mom when Lucas defended her from doing so. "Hey, we have a lot to catch up on. Why don't we hang out tomorrow, if you don't have anything going on, of course."

I raised an eyebrow at him. He looked down at me and smiled assuringly as if he knew what I was thinking about. I averted my eyes from him and looked back at Rosette who is shifting uncomfortably.

"Sure." She said, almost like a whisper.

"Your number still haven't changed, right?"

"No.." Seems like she got a lump in her throat as she said that. "..Bye."

"See ya." Lucas said casually and with that she's gone.

Lucas brought me back to our chairs and we sat down. He turned so his body was towards me, "Before you think of any possible misconclusions, no, she's not my ex girlfriend, or ex fiancé or anything like that sort."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. Why is he telling me this? As far as I know, we are not in a relationship or in any kind of ties.

He searched something in my eyes as I stared at him in confusion. After a moment he took my hands in his, "Are we clear?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "Yea, sure.."

"Good."

During the ride home, the curiousity got the best of me and I just had to ask him who she really was. Lucas chuckled as he heard me asking and rubbed my thigh as if to ease me down.

"She's my childhood friend. Our parents were best friends before my mom left me and it made us became one too. Ever since that woman left, Lily started to take care of me as if I was her own son. We literally spent our childhood together." He took a quick glance at me and smiled before his eyes focused on the road once again.

I hummed in response. "How come you guys never date each other? I mean, she's a beauty."

Lucas laughed and shook his head, "You sounded like you're jealous."

Damn I am. I ignored his comment and waited for him to reply instead. After a while he sighed and reasoned, "She's just like an older sister to me. There's no way I would fall for her."

"An older sister?"

"Uh, well.. The thing is, I usually got into troubles when I was a kid, which resulted for her to always scolds me on how reckless I am and all that."

"What kind of troubles?" I couldn't help but feel like I'm just a stranger to him since I don't exactly know anything about him at all. I feel useless. It must be good to be Rosette, she could see the side of him which I'm clueless about.

"Well..." His face heated up. He's literally blushing. "I used to bully a lot.." He scratched his nape awkwardly.

I made an 'O' face and decided to save my other questions for another day. Soon I felt drowsy, but desperately kept my eyes open. Don't sleep, we're almost home.. I scolded myself.

Of course, my eyes decided to betray me and soon I was in a deep sleep.

I woke up feeling uncomfortable as I felt something on my stomach. I didn't bother to flip my eyes open as I tried to remove whatever it is that is on my belly. I already tried many attempts but still failed. I growned lazily and gave up.

Suddenly a deep chuckle was to be heard from beside me. This got me snapped my eyes open. I turned my head aside and saw Lucas. He is staring down at me, amusement was clear in his eyes. Then I looked down on my belly and sure enough, it was his arm which got on my nerves on this early morning.

I sighed, "Who told you to sleep in my bed."

"Who? Hmm let me think.." He tapped his index finger on his chin, pretending to think deeply, "..me."

I rolled my eyes and tried to sit up. Keyword, tried. "Let me go, I'm hungry."

He stared at me intently, before letting out a heavy breath. "Fine. But only if you promise me one thing."

All of a sudden his face became serious. I gulped, "And what's that..?"

"Promise me you will take your pills right after you eat your breakfast."