Chapter 6

"So what's your deal with Celaena? One day you ignore her every word, next day you try to make a conversation?" Dorian asked the boy sitting on the chair meticulously completing the homework assignments. Assignments he was going to copy.

Chaol didn't even turned to look at Dorian, who was perched upon the bed, leaning against the wall and browsing through Twitter. They were in Chaol's immaculately clean but minimal room. Even his bookshelf had few prized books, unlike Dorian's, which had every book he laid his hands on. The only unique thing about Chaol's room was the clear board, with many pin ups and threads connecting each other. His 'detective' board.

(The board looks somewhat like this

(The board looks somewhat like this. Like the one Stiles had in Teen wolf)

"Do you like her?"

There was a drop of silence before Chaol said, "It's been only 2 days. We barely know her. She's not my type anyway." He shrugged and continued his work, the sound of pen gliding on the notebook being the only sound in his room, aside from the ticking of the clock.

"What type? Beautiful, smart and sassy?" Dorian fired. Chaol glared at him. "What is your type though?" Dorian wondered out loud and Chaol's grip on the pen tightened.

Dorian slided down near Chaol, his legs now dangling from the edge of his bed.

"No, I mean there was Lithaen, who was a bitch to cheat on you. Then there was Nesryn, but you were more like friends with benefits."

"Don't even pretend that's not true. You didn't even go out on dates and never met outside sex." Dorian pointed out when Chaol opened his mouth in objection.

"My point is, they both had absolutely nothing in common. Are you just passing time or do you like someone else?" Chaol didn't answer so Dorian went back scrolling down his feed.

Chaol swallowed hard and glanced at Dorian from the corner of his eye. He is hopeless, now with Celaena in the picture too. He didn't know, but he didn't get a good feeling around that girl. He just felt the need to be cautious, continuously on guard with her. But at the same time, he could not help but sympathize with her. She was too young to have that emptiness in her eyes.

The clicking of the lock had Dorian jumping up, but no reaction from Chaol made him realize who it was. Not even a minute later, a brown head, same shade as Chaol's hair popped up.

"Hello, Sheriff Westfall."

"Oh Dorian. Good evening. I just got takeouts. Are you staying for dinner?" Chaol's father was, obviously Sheriff of the county. Chaol got his unwavering loyalty and service from his father.

"No, I'm just here to borrow the notebook. My father will throw a fit if I don't reach on time."

After a moment, Chaol handed him the homework and Dorian left. But his father didn't.