Chapter 40

Proof that wattpad is drunk. 0 views but...

This chapter is continuation of last one, like going on at the same time as previous one

This chapter is continuation of last one, like going on at the same time as previous one. Happy Reading :)

Aelin didn't know how to react to all the information she'd processed in the matter of a few hours.

Avoiding Rowan was probably not the best option when it came to Lyria's tape. How could she tell him that his ex girlfriend, pregnant ex girlfriend on top of that, was murdered by one of his friends, who's twin she was dancing with right now. She had no doubt that Maeve was responsible for it but why, she didn't know. Her eyes found the corner in which Maeve and Arobynn sat, as Fenrys twirled her once, catching her again and then dancing separately again. Maeve's youthful face was the epitome of confusion but she blinked and it all went away. She followed Maeve's line of sight.

It was Elide, next to Lorcan.

She swore she would end Maeve if she even harmed a miniscule of hair on Elide's body, but it was a shock to know that Maeve didn't know about Elorcan.

"Your boyfriend is glaring at me, but not joining us. Trouble in paradise?" Fenrys said, looking deadly handsome in his all black attire, kind of twinning her. She'd noticed guys and girls looking at him hopefully, waiting for Fenrys to notice them.

"Kind of." She shook her legs to the music, noting another fact. Rowan was lowkey ignoring her too. Was this in response to her action or did he know something too? She'll have to face him for that and she didn't think she was ready for that yet. Every time she saw Rowan's face, it took her back to the video. How happy he was with Lyria. She looked up at her boyfriend's strong yet beautiful face, as he leaned against the counter.

He was looking at her.

She sucked in a huge breath, taking a decision. Rowan deserved to know the truth. She hid a lot of stuff from him, but this was not about her. This was not her thing to hide. She was going to tell him, or just give him the CD.

"I'd say it will all be okay but your master has been glaring at you and Rowan for quite some time now. I'm guessing he doesn't know about you two." Aelin shook her head, turning to Arobynn, who's eyes were settled unblinkingly at Rowan, before he twisted to talk to Maeve again, who had a small condescending smile on her face. Arobynn mirrored that.

"What shit do you think they are planning now?"

"Nothing that affects us, I hope."

"That is wishful thinking, Moonbeam."

An upbeat song started playing, Fenrys starting to jump to the beat.

"I'll go talk to Rowan." Aelin whispered in his ears as Fenrys bent down and nodded.

"Bring him here." She chuckled, the laughter vanishing as soon as it started, when she walked towards Rowan. The distance felt like eternity, Rowan's eyes narrowed in worry, his lips forming her name. Before any of them could get a word out, her phone rang. She held the screen up to Rowan and squeezed past the throng towards the washrooms. A body suddenly rushed into her, shoving past her. She turned to look at the retreating figure. Of course it was Lorcan. And to think that he was not glaring at her today, even going as far as to nod for acknowledgement was a sign that they were warming up. She shook her head, picking up the call.