10

Lexi's POV:

Hours pass by in the pool and in all honesty, I'm having fun. Who knew hanging out with little kids could be so entertaining?

"You're all going to turn into prunes if you don't get out." Evan chimes from the chair where she's laid out "Aren't you getting hungry anyway?"

I slither out of the pool and stroll over to where she's lying, face down, and let a few cold drops of water drip from my fingertips and land in the center of her back.

She inhales through clenched teeth and tenses up, her muscles flexing. "Jesus fuckin-"

I smirk and she cuts her eyes at me. "What was that?" I taunt.

"That's cold. Tie my strap please." She says. I grin and shake my hands off, leaning over and letting my fingers brush her back as I retie the bikini strap across her back.

"Feel any tanner?" I ask her, watching her flip her body over and adjust her top.

"So tan." She jokes. "Kids, come on. Let's get out and eat." She says, all three of the youngsters frowning and sighing. "Let me make us all lunch. It's the least I could do for you letting us crash your Saturday."

"I won't object to food." I grin, grabbing my t-shirt and shrugging it onto my damp body.

The kids soon join us, yanking their arms from the floaties and immediately showing sighs of exhaustion.

We go into the house and I get the kids a setup going in the family room, cartoons on and towels laid over the cushions of the couch.

They all watch tv quietly while I sit on the countertop in the kitchen while Evan sorts through the pantry.

"You guys don't have have much." She points out, bent over and giving me a pretty phenomenal view. "Sandwiches it is."

She spins around and very quickly realizes where my eyes were.

"I swear, Lexi." She shakes her head.

I giggle innocently and she delivers on her promise of sandwiches. I carry three small, perfectly de-crusted PB and J's to the kids in the living room and they chow down.

"And for you..." Evan says, handing me a sandwich and sucking some jelly from her fingertip.

"What's if I didn't want crust?" I ask her, raising my brows as I look at the bread.

"Tough shit." She jokes, cleaning up the small mess she made.

I laugh and eat the food, thankful she made it.

We go to join the kids in the family room, but they're out cold.

"Thank god. I knew they'd crash." She says, leaning against the couch.

"They had a big day." I smile. "I'll be right back." I tell her, excusing myself to the restroom.

I use the guest bathroom downstairs, trying to straighten out my pool hair and not look as frazzled. I swear, girls who can pull off the whole "wet hair" look are wizards, I look like a drowned puppy.

I return from the bathroom, expecting to find Evan in the family room where I left her, but she's not there.

I look around quietly, not wanting to wake up the kids, and head upstairs.

I soon find her in the open area upstairs, sitting at the piano bench.

"You play?" I ask her, making her jump.

"Shit. You scared me. Sorry, I had to use the bathroom so I came up here." She says. "And I used to. My mom put me in piano lessons when I was like eight, so I played through middle school."