64|research

I feel like I haven't written this much Teen Wolf fan fic in a very long time

----------

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan asked Scott as we all stood in the stairwell.

We had managed to convince Lydia to keep Aiden distracted so that we would have a chance to talk to Ethan. So far though, he hadn't exactly been helpful.

"I helped kill your friend," his eyes began to drift from Scott to me as I stood next to Stiles. "How do you know I'm not gonna kill another one?"

"Is he looking at Riley? Are you threatening her?" Stiles asked, standing up straighter. "Let me tell you what I'm gonna do if you or Deucalion or any of your other Alpha buddies even go near her. I'm gonna break off an extra large branch of mountain ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe, and shove it up your freaking-"

"Whoa, Stiles, okay. We get it," Scott intervened before he could go into further detail, making his friend stand down. He then focused back on Ethan. "We're talking to you because I know that you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

Ethan seemed to soften at Scott's words, his defence beginning to crumble ever so slightly. "You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't Alphas."

"What were you?"

"Omegas."
I was honestly shocked by this. The twins acted like they were born into the Alpha life.
"In actual wolf packs, Omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."

"So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack?" Stiles said with no empathy.

"Something like that."

"What happened?" Scott asked, digging deeper.

"They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us the reputation. And our Alpha was the worst of them."

"So why let them treat you that way?" I asked, finally piping up.

Stiles nodded, adding on, "Why not fight back? Form voltron wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?"

"We couldn't," Ethan exclaimed. "We didn't know how to control it back then."

"Deucalion taught you," Scott said, putting the pieces together.

"And then, we fought. We took down the whole pack, one-by-one. And by the time we got to our Alpha, he was begging for his life." He took a deep breath, "And we tore him apart. Literally."

"What about your emissary?"
Ethan just looked away, shaking his head slightly.
"They're all dead?" Scott asked, disappointed. "Kali and Ennis' too?"

"All of them except for Deucalion."

Stiles piped back up, "You mean Morrell?"

Ethan was about to answer, when he suddenly took in a sharp breath, grabbing his chest.

"What's going on," I asked. "Are you hurt?"

He shook his head. "It's my brother."

Without waiting a second longer, Ethan took off down the hallway. Stiles, Scott and I all followed after him quickly, running down the school hallways.

We ended up in the boy's locker room - which seemed to happen a lot - where we saw Aiden walking toward Cora with a very heavy looking weight in his hands.