79|the whole story

Rave is coming up soon, which also means Oni, which also means we're finally getting into the good part of this season <3

Question of the Chapter: who was your favourite villain throughout the series?

----------

"Class starts in five minutes," Coach announced into a bullhorn. "Just because there's no power don't expect there to be no school."

Stiles stop rifling through his locker for a moment, smiling, "That was a triple negative. Very impressive, Coach."

"Copy that."

I chuckled at the interaction, shaking my head.
After what had happened at the substation, the power was yet to return to Beacon Hills. Meaning the hallways were all slightly dimmer, and my portable charger for my phone was finally coming in handy.

Looking back to my boyfriend, I noticed he was back to grabbing his books from his locker. "C'mon, or we're going to be late for class."

"Yeah, one sec," he said, as he accidentally knocked his keys out of his locker.

I bent down and picked them up, handing them to him. He thanked me, before looking at them funnily.
"Something wrong?"

His eyes squinted for a moment, before he shook his head once, "I don't know. I'm not sure where this key came from."

"Weird," I mumbled. I was going to ask him if it was for his house or something, when I saw the door to the school open. "Scott's here," I informed Stiles.

The boy lowered the set of keys and looked over his shoulder. Apparently he wasn't all that worried about the mystery key, shoving them all into his pocket and closing his locker.

We were going to meet Scott half way, when we noticed him staring at something. Turning around, I saw Kira walking over to her locker. When he saw her, Scott went to jog after her.

Stiles stepped forward to block our friend's path, grabbing his arms. "No. No. Stop. Stop."

"What?" Scott exclaimed. "I need to talk to her."

The girl noticed us staring as she unlocked her locker, grabbing books for her first class.

I stepped in front of Scott, attempting to draw his attention away from the girl. "Or maybe, you could just leave it until we figure this out."

"What's there to figure out?"

"Scott," Stiles exhaled. "You need to remember that someone left a coded message telling Barrow to kill her."

"Which is why I need to talk to her."
Always so persistent.

Stiles turned to him, completely serious, "Scott, no way. Until we figure out if she's just another psychotic monster that's going to start murdering everybody, I vote against any and all interaction."

Scott looked at me, "Do you agree with him?"

I looked between them both as they stared at me for an answer. "I think that since the last few things we've met have tried to kill us, it probably is safer to observe for now."

"But what if she's like me? Or you?" Scott asked me.

At this, I pursed my lips. I'd lost control more times than I could count, but I wasn't a killer. Either was Scott. Could we trust Kira?
I looked over my shoulder to see that she had walked away.

Stiles gestured in the general direction of where Kira had been, "That girl walked through 1.21 jigawatts of electricity. She's not like you, and she's not like Riley, either."