Chapter 14

Shadow's P.O.V.
This was perfect, Sonic and I with our baby girl, kissing. It was perfect until he pulled away and looked down at her. A nurse came in not letting us talk about our kiss and smiled at us.

"Have you decided on a name yet?" She asked and I looked at Sonic then we both shook our heads. She nodded and told us she would give us more time but as she left, Sonic quickly said.

"Maria." My ears perked up and I looked at him quickly and shocked. "How about Maria?" He asked me and I could swear I fell for him even more for that. "I know how important she was to you." He said to me and I smiled and nodded.

"Maria the Hedgehog then? Thats a beautiful name but it suits how beautiful she is. I will write it down in her documents." The nurse left and I quickly kissed Sonic again, full of passion and all my love for him as he kissed back. I could not be anymore happier than this.

I dont think anything or anyone could ruin my day after this.

"I-" I was cut off after we pulled away by the door opening and Scourge coming in. Sonic smiled at him and let him in making my heart break, I was wrong. This was bad.

"How are you?" He leaned in and kissed Sonic. I wanted to leave but I needed to stay, no, I WANTED to stay for Maria.

I cant believe this... We just kissed... And now he's kissing him right in front of me...?

Why...?

I'm too late... Aren't I...?

Sonic's P.O.V.
It passed two days and I was finally able to go home. Shadow had not left my side at all and neither had Scourge.

I couldn't stop thinking about the kisses we shared at the hospital. Did he mean them? Or was he just happy because of Maria...?

It was probably because of Maria.

He can't love me. Not me. He hates me. He told me he'll change but deep down I know he still hates me. Why wouldn't he?