Chapter 23

Sonic's P.O.V.
It was night and I was going to get everything ready to put Maria to sleep when there was a knock in the door. I raised a brow and sighed then walked to it holding Maria. She saw Rouge and giggled loudly since she usually was around Shadow but this time she wasn't.

She smiled softly at Maria then grabbed my arm and pulled it. "Hey, wait, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm going to show you the truth!" She said and let go of my arm. "I'm going to show you the truth because you're too dumb to figure it out." She grabbed my arm again as she dragged me somewhere.

I didn't complain, I was curious onto what she meant. I stopped once I saw Shadow and snatched my arm away. "Really? Rouge, you too?"

"Where is Scourge?" Rouge asked Shadow. Shadow looked at me and Maria then slowly looked at Rouge.

"He is inside. He's been there for an hour now." He said and I raised a brow confused. We were outside a restaurant. What was Scourge doing in there? "Sonic." I looked up at Shadow. "Can I please...hold her..?" He asked.

"Sonic, come here." Rouge said as I looked at Shadow. Maria whined trying to get off my arms to get to Shadow. I felt my heart break at that and passed her to him. He immediately hugged her and let a few tears roll down his muzzle as he did so. He was pulling her closer, as if someone was going to snatch her away from him any second now.

I did this to him...

He hates me now, doesn't he...?

"W-what is it...?" I was going to walk where Rouge was at when Shadow quickly grabbed my hand and stopped me.

"Rouge. I don't think this is a good idea." Shadow said and I looked at them confused.

"Hun, we talked about it. I know you don't-" Shadow cut her off.

"I DON'T want to see him hurt. There is a reason I didn't tell him." Shadow said and I lowered my ears. I was confused so I walked where Rouge was at. Next to a window.

I looked inside the restaurant and pinned my ears down when I saw Scourge kissing someone else. I quickly got out of view and let a few tears out, I felt heart broken, stupid. I had Shadow, I had Shadow and I messed things up to give a chance to someone who didn't even love me.

"Sonic..." Shadow dropped his ears as he held Maria. "Scourge...threatened to hurt you and Maria, make both of you disappear if I told you or any of us did. We tried to tell you earlier but Scourge kept you checked... I'm sorry..." He was honest with what he said, or at least he seemed to be.

"Hun, I'm really sorry but we needed you to know. You took Maria away from-" I cut her off.

"I know. Shut up. Im a monster and an idiot, you don't have to remind me." I sobbed quietly and looked at Shadow. "You can take her if you want for today. I-I need to fix things with Scourge... I'm...s-so sorry..." I stuttered and my voice broke as I talked.

"Sonic, I-" I cut him off when I dashed off.

I dashed to my house and broke down. I had never cried so much before. I messed up, I messed up bad.