Dont Break My Heart

I walk over to Rocky's office. Standing by the door, I contemplate whether on not I should disturb him. Over the past hour I have noticed five people go in and out. He refused to go to work until he was sure I was okay. I told him I was okay but he didn't take my word for it.

I want to talk to him. I need to talk to him. What about, I have no idea — I just know I need to.

I watch someone leave, and then another. Perhaps now would be a good time to talk to him.

Pushing the door open, I walk in. Rocky has his face down looking at folders. I notice he signs a document before handing it to his staff. I make my way over to the couch. Maybe I should wait until he's done, he looks busy.

Before I even make it to the couch, one of his staff members clear their throat and indicate to Rocky that I'm here. When he lifts his head from the paperwork and looks at me, he has an expression of hurt.

I try not to react to the look on his face. I look down at my feet and wish myself away. Perhaps walking in was a bad idea. I could have waited.

"You may go," He says to his staff. "We'll discuss the rest tomorrow."

I watch them leave one by one as Rocky closes the laptop in front of him and stands up.

He doesn't make his way over to me, but stops in front of his desk and leans against it. "You okay?" He asks.

The question takes me by surprise. I was half expecting him to be nonchalant about the matter or just not care. His body is relaxed but his eyes say it differently. Deep down he still cares for me.

I nod. "Fine, thanks," I say hoping it covers the awkwardness in the air.

"Hmm," He says taking a few steps forward. "What exactly are you doing in my office?" He asks, this time take a further few steps forward.

I blink watching his brown leather shoes move their way closer to me. "I'm sorry," I whisper.

He stops in his track and his head shoots up to watch me. It's as if his eyes burn through mine — that's the intensity in which he stares at me.

"You're sorry?"

I nod. "Please don't make me repeat it."

This time he takes another step forward, and then another forcing me to take two steps back to create distance. This draws a subtle smile from him as he presses his hand on my hip and pushes me ever so slightly against the wall.

I'm trapped.

"How sorry?" He breathes into my ear.

I try to stand still, to not show the effect he has on me. Him being this close is dangerous.

"I-I'm...i..v...very," I say clearing my throat.

"You're what?" He says leaning in and tilting his head as if pretending to struggle hearing me.

"You're intentionally doing it," I say placing my hand on his chest to create distance.

"How sorry, Sky?" Rocky says with a smirk on his face. "You never answered the question."

"Very sorry," I say looking down.

Rocky places a hand on my chin and tilts my head up so that we're standing face to face — his eyes looking deep in mine.

"This," He says. "Is how it was supposed to be."

I nod. He's right but it still doesn't change the fact that this'll all be over soon.

He leans in further, our lips merely a few centimetres away. I try not to think about it.

"So," He says. "Now that everyone is gone, what to you intend on doing."