2000 years later - Responsibility

In a dirty brick ally in an unknown city the air shimmer with a thick and unnatural purple fog. The fog dissipates, revealing a single blonde woman in an emerald green corset dress. In her arms, she holds a sleeping child no older than five years. She steps into a busy street and notices strange carriages without horses.

In the shadows, she is being watched by a woman in black tights. Her silver eyes are a stark contrast to the night. She watches as the woman in her emerald green dress looks around in confusion. The woman cast a spell and follows an unseen path to a church building.

She looks around in confusion at the front door. The woman in black steps out of the shadows and into the street light. She approaches the woman with graceful determined strides.

"Good evening, Leticia. You may not know me yet, but I know you. Before I let you leave that child in your arms, answer me one question. Why are you leaving that child here with no explanation of where she is from?" the woman in black demands.

"Evening, I don't understand what you are asking me or who you are?" Leticia counters.

"I will tell you, but I need to understand why you risk the child's safety here, then in her timeline?" the woman demands again.

"For her protection, she must learn of things we will never understand. Ristheart claimed her as the chosen one," Leticia answers.

The woman in black knows Leticia very well and she knows that what she is doing right now is incredibly risky.

"How can you trust a creature who only brings ill fate with its prophecies?" The stranger demands.

"That is not true. If you understand his prophecies you can become prosperous. That is why Ristheart can not be overthrown. They have trusted in its guidance for many centuries. He is the one that advised that the child be brought here. How did you know about this?" Leticia demands.

"I have known about this event for two thousand years. That is why I am here. I am the only one in this world that bares knowledge of the event. I gained many enemies who seek my end and have tried to find my origin, but they all fail because they do not know my age, and I was born on a continent that is now locked in a curse," the woman replies.

Uncertainty and confusion play across Leticia's face. For some time the women stare at each other. Leticia pulls herself into a regal posture. The other woman ignores Leticia's slight attempt to intimidate her.

She knows she is being selfish right now and if she continues with what she is planning a lot of things will not end the way they did. All of those lives she has saved over the years would be gone.

"The child must stay here for twenty years. After that, she will simply wake up in my mansion on the day of her twenty-fifth birthday," Leticia insists.

There is a flash of realization in the stranger's eyes. This Leticia is younger by at least twenty years. "You do not know what happens in the next twenty years. You have no idea of the consequences that this decision will have on Rebecca's life." She feels strange talking about herself as if she is someone else.

"Honestly, no. It was a rash decision that was made to protect the crown princess of the Golden Valley. We have faith that doing this is the right thing to do for her protection. Wait how do you know the child's name?" Leticia demands.

"She will not be treated like royalty in this period. The chances of her holding her innocence are very slim to none. The dangers of this period are far greater than in her period. Yet you still insist," the woman counters avoiding Leticia's question.

"The danger is bigger in her timeline. There is an evil that threatens to destroy everything in its path and the only person that stands between Drachna and the destruction of our world is this child I am holding in my arms. She is our only hope and I do not know the reason for this myself. You still have not told me how you know our names," Leticia continues.