Chapter 12

(F/F) = Favorite Flower

"To sum it up, I go with Law to buy some clothes and other things he may need, and the rest of you will essentially look for information," you summarized. You had arrived to the island and your captain was organizing the crew.

"Exactly," the surgeon confirmed. "Jean Bart will be reserving the hotel rooms as well."

"Mine with a double bed, if it's possible, please. Law will be sleeping with me at the hotel too," you requested.

Everyone fixed their gazes on you, an amused look in their eyes.

"I'm referring to the child. The child!"

Everyone got into the island once Law gave the order. You went to the commercial zone with chibi Law, taking his hand. He protested a few times, because he didn't want to go shopping. He affirmed it was boring and tiring. But you managed to distract him, talking to him, singing and showing him those things you knew he would like.

You bought him some pajamas, t-shirts, hoodies, pants, underwear and another pair of shoes. One of the hoodies had an adorable polar bear at the front. You also bought him a few candies he told you he liked. When you were finished, you noted he was tired, so you lifted him into your arms, carrying the bags the best you could.

You had the luck to find Bepo on your way to the sub, so you asked him to take the kid to the hotel while you went to the sub to leave the bags. You kept with you some of the new clothes, to change the kid's clothes when you returned to the hotel.

Once you got to your hotel room, Bepo went to keep looking for information, as he hadn't been too lucky for now, and you stayed, taking care of chibi Law.

The crew gathered at a restaurant to have lunch together. Everyone shared their progress on their search for information but one of them had news about the fog. Not even Law. It seemed you weren't going to find what you were looking for at that island. They would continue after lunch, and you were going to leave the kid with Bepo to look for information as well.

You didn't have better luck, though. Most of the people didn't know what you were talking about. Some of them looked funny at you when you mentioned the magic, stating how stupid believing a fog could have magic powers was.

When you finished researching in your assigned zone, you didn't know anything you didn't know before.

You went to you room at the hotel, feeling in low spirits. You opened the door and closed it behind you, being welcomed by two familiar voices chatting peacefully.

You blinked at your captain, who was kneeling beside a low table situated in front of the couch, talking to his smaller version. "Captain? What are you doing here?" you asked in puzzlement.

"(Y/N)!!!!!!" the kid shouted running to give you a tight hug, as usual.

You greeted him distractedly patting his head.

"I finished my search, so I dismissed Bepo and stayed here to take care of the child," he calmly explained, without moving from his spot. Was it you, or was he actually listening to your advice and trying to get along with his younger version?

"I see..." you muttered a little unfocused. "Did you find out anything?"

He shook his head in denial.

"Me neither." You sighed. "Is Mister Grumpy taking good care of you?" you asked the kid, jokingly.

"Yes," he answered with his happy huge smile. "And I went to a field with Bepo. Come, come, I have a gift for you," he cheered pulling you towards the table by your hand.