TEN

AVA'S POV

My mouth flies open. Max catches me eye and he stares at me clearly looking extremely hurt from earlier on at the fountain before he turns away and heads to his chambers.

I tutn to Claire whose balling her eyes out. Vee stares at me in utter shock while Marie holds Claire.

We rush into Claire's room as she frantically packs while sobbing. Marie begins to sob, "You're not leaving alone, Claire. I'm leaving too."

Veronica's eyes widen, "You're serious?" Marie nods, "Yes, I should go and pack before finding the Prince."

I follow Marie out but Zara walks up to me hastily, "It's your fault! You did something to him! I was supposed to be Queen!"

With that said she walks away and begins to sob again.

Once I enter Marie's room she's nowhere to be found. My heart breaks at the thought of my friends leaving.

-Later-

I hug Claire and Marie over and over and over again before they finally need to leave.

Vee hugs me.

I make a mental note to go and see Max.

MAX'S POV

Once I've freshened up I throw on some pajama bottoms and walk around shirtless.

I sent my assistant to grab me some coffee as I plan to sit down and read through some new documents sent by my Father.

AVA'S POV

I lie in bed and I cannot fall asleep. So I decide to he bold. I pull on my robe and quietly make my way outside my room. I motivate myself to head to Max's chambers.

But instead I decide to go to Lorelai's room. As soon as I knock on the door she opens up. "Ava! How can I help you? Is everything alright?"

I nod, "I need your help." She nods, "Anything." I sigh, "I need to go to Prince Maxewell's chambers."

Her eyes light up, "Come with me! Although, be careful, if the Queen caught you there you're in serious trouble." I nod but quietly follow her.

We come across a pair of guards. Lorelai whispered sonething in their ear then they allowed us to walk inside.

Lorelai smiles, "This is as far as I can go. But those two guards there should not be to difficult to rattle. I should be heading back, let me know how it goes."

I smile, "Thank you for everything." She hugs me, "Anytime." I make my way to the last two guards.

As soon as they see me they glare at me. One asks, "Are you lost?" I shake my head, "I'm here to see Prince Maxewell." They scoff, "Oh please."

I furrow my eyebrows, "If I was not allowed here, how do you think I managed to past the other guards?"

They frown, "Ilegally." I frown, "Please, you have to believe me."

MAX'S POV

I hear a commotion outside my door. Without thinking I immediately yank my door open, ready to hush the guards.

But as soon as I see Ava standing there suddenly I feel so ashamed as I'm not dressed decently.

The guards turn to me,"You're Highness, we are so sorry for dist-" I cut them off, "Ava, you're looking for me I assume?"

AVA'S POV

Woah.

I nod, "Y-yes." He nods, "Come on in." With that said I enter his room and he shuts the door.

His room is not what I expected it to be.

It's so neat poised.

He stares at me, "How can I help you?"

My eyes didn themselves admiring his bare chest. He chuckles, embarrassed I look up. "Why didn't you send me home?"

He sighs, "Ava, I like you. You mean more to me than any other girl here. Sending them all home right now would seem unfair and easy. You're the one I want at the end of this. I really thought it was obvious."

My mouth flies open, "I saw you and Zara the other evening in the gardens-" He cuts me off, "Nothing happened. I didn't kiss her, if that's what you're wondering."

Now I feel like an imbecile, as I jumped to so many conclusions.

I sigh, "Now I feel so silly. I jumped to so many conclusions and I got so upset with you over nothing."

He smiles, "You only got upset because you care." I smile and nod, "Yes. I care for you. More than I like to admit."

He smiles and slowly makes his way over to me. Gently he pushes me against his desk and he wraps his arms around my waist. Fortunately for me my robe is extremely thin.

He stares at me one last time before I crash my lips on to his.

I feel his hands press firmer against my lower back. My hands gently run over his chest, arms and abdomen. Before my fingers run through his disheveled blonde hair.