NINETEEN

AVA'S POV

-Later-

Veronica and I are currently having tea with the Queen.

The Queen smiles, "Have you two ladies picked out your dress for the Royal Games?"

Veronica beams, "Yes, your Highness! Ava and I are more than prepared for the Royal Games."

I smile, "I'm really looking forward to it."

Veronica glances at me, "Same here!"

The Queen smiles, "What are you most excited for, for the Royal Games. I'm assuming you ladies have done your research, correct?"

Veronica nods, "I'm most excited to meet and mingle with the other Royals. How about you, Ava?"

I take a moment, "Well, I recall reading in the library the other day, that King Richard the third, always spoke about wanting to have a Royal Games day. Just as a good excuse to see all the other Royals as he geniunly cared about everyone and how they were doing. Before he could plan the event, he passed away. Therfore his soon, King Richard the fourth, prepared the Royal Games to honour his Father. From then on it became a tradition. So, I'm most excited about being apart of such an event because of it's History and the depth behind those whole concept of the Royal Games."

The Queen grins, "Impressive. You have gone through thorough research and it is commendable. Well done."

Veronica is about to say something until one of the guards enter the room. He bows.

"Your Majesty, Mrs Parsons has requested you see her urgently. It's something to do with the diamond n-"

The Queen stands up, "Ah, thank you, kind sir. Unfortunately ladies, I am terribly sorry that I need to depart so quickly. I have some business to attend to. Perhaps we should do this another time?"

Veronica nods, "Of course your Highness."

She nods before hastily leaving the room.

I furrow my eyebrows, "Strange. The Queen isn't one to just abruptly leave."

Veronica shrugs, "She did say it was urgent."

I nod, "Oh well. I guess we could still proceed with tea?"

Vee shakes her head, "It's alright, I want to sort through some of my things. See you later?"

I nod, "Yes, sure."

-A Week Later-

I make my way into the hallway until I abruptly pause.

I frown as I think about my Father. It's been a very long time since I have heard from my family.

Then it dawns on me.

His not getting any better. If there was any form of recovery they would have notified me.

I stand up and stare outside the window.

"You look troubled."

I jump as I turn around and see the King standing by the door.

I courtesy, "Your Majesty."

He furrows his eyebrows, "You alright my dear? You seem a tad bit pail."

I shake my head and smile, "I'm perfect. Thank you for asking. How are you?"

He laughs, "Just a bit fatigued that's all."

Oh my goodness!

I gasp, "I'm so sorry it completely slipped my mind! You and Maxwell have just returned from your trip!"

He laughs and nods, "Indeed. You seem happier than a few moments ago."

I exhale and smile, "I am happier."

He nods, "The public seem to really fancy you."

I furrow my eyebrows, "I don't follow."

The King nods, "When Maxwell and I were away, it amazed me how fast news traveled. The people there were just speaking about you. You barely heard much about Veronica. Clearly the public has a definite answer about who should be Queen."

I stare at him in shock. He smiles at me one last time before walking off.