ELEVEN

AVA'S POV

He deepens the kiss before we both pull away, completely and utterly breathless.

I stare down at the floor completely flustered. He grins, "I've waited so long to do that. You know, you were my first kiss. As cheesy as that sounds, you were my first."

I smile, "Well, I'm honoured." He smiles, then it quickly falls away. "Hey, if I may ask, why were you crying by the fountains the other day?"

I cannot lie to him. Not after this moment. So I decide to tell him a bit of truth.

"I was thinking about my family." His features soften, "You must miss them terribly." I nod, "Yes."

He nods, "I get it. You have any siblings?" I smile and nod, "Yeah. I've got a little sister by the name of Katrina." He smiles, "That's amazing. I've always wanted a sibling."

MAX'S POV

She hesitates to ask the question, but instead I answer her. "My parents had me. Then when they tried again my mom had a miscarriage. Then they tried again, another miscarriage. Finally my mom fell pregnant. We were uncertain about the sex of the baby but unfortunately my Mother did not make the third trimester. She had a miscarriage, again. It broke her. It broke our family. They never tried again."

She wipes the stray tears from my face. I didn't even know that I was crying. She kisses my cheek,"I'm so sorry, Max." I hold her hands, "You're the first person that I've ever told."

She smiles, "Well, thank you for trusting me with this. You know, my Mother fell pregnant with me out of wedlock with my Father. She was middle-class but her family kicked her out and left with nothing. So my grandmother, on my Father's side took her in. She helped them raise me. My parents got married, had Katrina then my grandmother passed away when I was about ten years old."

Max stares at me,"Ava, I'm so sorry." He kisses my forehead. I smile, "But hey, our experiences in life mould us into who we are and who we become."

He smiles, "You're so full of wisdom."

She kisses me once again, "I need to get going. Thank you for everything." I smile, she's about to walk out.

"Ava, would you please accept my invitation for dinner with my parents tomorrow evening?" She smiles, "I accept."

I smile.

AVA'S POV

-Next Day-

I keep replying last night. The sudden confession-session with Max, along with the steamy kiss. It seems so unreal that I actually feel like I'm dreaming.

Then suddenly I remember, that I agreed to have dinner tonight with the Royals. On top of all of this, I have officially cheated on Ross.

I feel terrible!

As soon as I freshen up I inform Lorelai about my dinner plans. She is ecstatic.

She beams, "I'll organize everything to make sure you look dashing." I hug her before going downstairs got breakfast.

Vee smirks, "What happened last night between you and Max? All the girls are talking about it." I sigh and update her on the kiss I had with Maxwell and nothing more.

She smiles, "Wow. Look at you!" I chuckle, "Yeah."

-After Breakfast-

King Philip had an announcement to make. "Sorry for disturbing you at this hour of the day. But I have to inform you ladies that only a handful of you will remain after today's elimination. The the five of you that will remain will each be given the opportunity to make a speech so that the public can begin to adapt and begin to know you as individuals. Along with that, I am proud to announce that we will have a family day in about three days time. Thus giving you five ladies a chance to see your family before the wedding and coronation. In the next two weeks, the final two ladies will be our guests at the Royal Games. Thus giving our future Queen a taste of Royalty. Lastly, the Queen will be making her rounds one of these days to speak with you individually."

Max nods,"Thank you Father."

Max begins to read the names and for the first time I'm glad that it's not my name.

He glances at me and smiles. He then walks over to the King and whispers something to him.

MAX'S POV

I whisper, "That is Ava-Lane Montgomery, she will be joining us for dinner this evening." My Father spares a glance at Ava before smiling, "Ah, excellent."

I smile and nod, "Yes, indeed."

AVA'S POV

-Later-

Lorelai walks into the room with a dress, "This is what you're wearing for dinner tonight!" I beam, "Wow! This is darling!"

Lorelai also hands me a letter, "This is for you."

I take the letter while Lorelai rushes into the bathroom to prepare my things for this evening.

As soon as I open the letter guilt stabs me in the chest.

It's from Ross.