TWENTY SIX

AVA'S POV

I gasp along with millions of others as the Queen objects.

I can tell that a million emotions are crossing Maxwell's mind as well as the King and Queen's.

She sniffles, "Maxwell, my dear. You do not love her. We all know it. You love Ava. I understand that you felt forced into marrying Veronica but I promise you that you will regret this decision for the rest of your life. Please my son, make the wise decision."

Veronica shakes her head.

"Unbelievable. This is unbelievable. My wedding is ruined. Max you love me. I love you. Please, let's just continue with the wedding."

Maxwell stares at her. Then at me, before storming outside the venue.

Impulsively I excuse myself before running after him.

Gasps and whispers follow me but I couldn't care less.

I love him.

MAX'S POV

I hear Ava approaching.

She calls out for me.

I sit down on one of the steps, on the stairs.

She sees me and stands still.

I shake my head.

"Why do you always mess things up for me? Why can I not get over you?"

Silence.

She then kneels down on the step below me.

I glance up at her.

She sighs, "Max. I was a mess when I first met you. I was forced into doing this whole selection against my own will. We both know how stubborn I get and also, my heart belonged to another. Plus, I was doing this for my family. Obviously, I had the intentions of going home, but then, we began to bond. I began to see something in you that I have never seen before. You stirred up an emotion and a feeling inside me that I have never felt before. My emotions and thoughts were all in a mess. It was wrong of me to string you along with all of that. I'm truly sorry. Finally when I was able to dissect my thoughts and feelings I realized that after I met you, I could not in vision my life without you. I was yours and that's that. I knew that you were the one for me. I'm sorry for ruining your wedding. But I know for a fact, that regardless of what I've done, you love me. I know this because if you did not love me you would have gotten married to Veronica and not pastphone the wedding. You would have eloped regardless of what your parents thought. You would be prepared to risk it all for one human being."

I analyze her intensely.

She sighs, shuts her eyes before shaking her head.

"The worst part is, I'd do the same."

I blink.

She takes my silence as her que to gently reach out to grab my hands.

"I'm prepared to wait for you, Maxwell. I don't care if that takes an eneternity."

I shake my head.

She looks defeated and hurt.

I stare at her. "It'll only take year."

She glances up at me, eyebrows furrowed.

I smile, "Ava-Lane Montgomery, will you make my the happiest man alive and marry me?"

Her eyes begin to brim wit tears as she engulfs me in a hug.

"Yes!"

AVA'S POV

Immediately I crash my lips on to Maxwell's.

After what feels like a few seconds we hear a round of applause. We turn around and see that the entire wedding ceremony is cheering us on.

I glance at him, "Let's get married next year. I want to enjoy every phase in our relationship."

He smiles, "Perfect."

-Later-

My family has arrived and will be staying with us in the castle. As for Veronica she packed up her things and left.

As for Max, he has decided to pastphone his coronation to next month.

I guess I did become a princess after all and I guess I won the Royal Bachelor.