24. Sarah

Day 5 of training

"Yes, Sir," I say. "So far there is no problem with her training. It's just that Ms. Blackwood still has an issue with her big mouth. She's still complaining and whining about all of this. Don't you think that we should tell her what's going on any time soon?"

The President shoves his hands in to his coat pockets. "No, Mrs. Walker. Don't tell them any of it yet because I am not sure myself if this is really happening." He then puts his thumb on his chin. "I heard Agent Garrett has been pushing her too hard. Tell him to play a little nice since Ms. Blackwood has been doing well. I don't want her to hate us even more."

"Of course, Sir," I nod.

"Keep their training footage online," he adds. "Inform me if there's anything urgent. Direct call me if it is possible."

I nod again and then the hologram of the President disappears.

I leave the office right away and find my way to Alex's training spot to deliver what the President has just said.

When I arrive at their training spot, I walk myself to the rest house. I shouldn't be wandering off in their field because this is shooting practice they're having. I don't wanna get shot so staying in the rest house is better for safety regulations.

A rest house built with bullet proof glass walls all around. Garrett lives here for as long as the training takes.

They're not done training yet so I just have to wait a little longer.

I make my way to the kitchen and get myself to drink from the fridge. I take out some juice and pour it to an empty glass.

Then I walk to the glass when I see two figures walking apart from each other. "Um," I mumble, thinking those are just Alex and Garrett.

When I'm about to take a step away from the glass, I startle when I hear three gunshots. I nearly drop my drink.

I turn around. She's not in my sight anymore but Garrett is still there, standing.

Okay maybe they're still practicing and she's taking cover.

I wait for her figure to appear but nothing comes up after ten seconds.

My heart starts to race when I hear a scream fills through the glass.

"Shit!" I curse and rush outside. Finally drop my drink on the floor. I missed the table.

Once I'm outside where Garrett is standing, I see her lying on the surface, her hands covered with blood.

"Dude! What the fuck?!" I hear Alex screams in pain.

I rush myself to Alex, dropping my knees. "Garrett!" I yell. "What the fuck are you doing?!"

Garrett, who is still stupidly standing a few feet from us, doesn't say a thing. The gun is still in his hand and he just fucking watch.

My eyes are back on Alex. I lift up her shirt and I find the bleeding wounds. "Shit!" I hiss. "What the fuck did you do Garrett?!" I put my hands over the wounds, helping Alex to stop the bleeding.

Alex doesn't move as I say but sure her face turns red and her eyes too. She's breathing heavily through her mouth open.

I take out my phone and I dial Carmen immediately. "Alex is shot." I say, my voice shakes. "Get Cara here! Now!"

***

"Five days and you already messed up," the President says. "Mind to explain why you shot her three times?"