- O n e h u n d r e d & t w e n t y -

I walked up my pathway and unlocked my door, I turned on the light and I sat on the couch for a second because I'm fucking stressed as hell.

                        Finneas🙃

Billie is at *hospital* and is in room 150.

                                                so, whatever's wrong with her, it's serious enough to have a room?

Apparently, they're getting her set up in there now. Come in like an hour or so okay?

                                                okay.

                                                Read at 9:40PM

So this is really serious, something actually really is wrong with Billie. Like this isn't just one of her moods, something genuinely is wrong with her.

I got up off the couch after my anxiety hit me like a bus, and I started to pack a bag, I have no clue what's wrong with her, and I have no clue what could be wrong with her. Like is she sick? Like she mentally drained because of tour? What the hell is wrong with her?

I brought my laptop and all the chargers I would need, I brought extra clothes and everything. Dude I have no clue what to do in this situation.

I got into my car and put the hospitals address into my phone, because I don't know how to get anywhere at night. It was only like a ten minute drive, I feel like Finneas did that on purpose so she would be close to me.

The only good part about this is that, I don't have shit to do for the next couple of days so like I can stay with Billie as long as I need to. As I was driving to the hospital, every 'what if' situation was going through my brain again because I had time to think.

I parked in the hospital parking lot, and I got my bag and walked in the hospital doors. I texted Finneas and told him that I was here, shortly after I texted him I see him come out of the elevator. His expression on his face, is roughly the same as mine. I know he doesn't think like I do. So he's not worried that he's gonna lose her, he's worried that this is going to affect her career.

The elevator ride was quiet until I broke the silence.

Maddie: "What's wrong with her?"

Finneas: "They don't know, they're running tests on her now. The reason that they gave her the room was because of how drastically high her fever was."

Maddie: "How high was it?"

Finneas: "105.7."

I looked at him with my mouth open, in shock of how high the fever was. He looked back at me and nodded his head slowly.

The elevator stopped, Finneas got off first and I followed him, it wasn't long until I walked into a room where I see a shit tone of doctors sticking iv's in her trying to get all he blood work.

Doctor: "Glad to see you've returned, she's been asking for a Maddie?"

Maddie: "That's me."

Billie stuck her hand out for me to grab but the doctor was still working on her so I scratcher her leg in a comforting way letting her know I'm here.

Doctor: "Her fever should go down in the next thirty minutes or so, it's looking like she has pneumonia and it's been building up for about two weeks. The good thing about that is, is that once she's treated, she'll be done almost immediately. We've ran basic tests and we'll run more in the morning. She isn't highly contagious, but there is a chance either one of you can catch it. If you don't mind can I ask your relation to Billie?"

Finneas: "I'm her brother and this is her girlfriend."

Doctor: "Okay, you both can stay here with her."

Maddie: "Okay, thank you."

The doctor walked out of the room, Finneas took the bench on the other side of her. There was a chair in the corner, I moved the table and chair to where the chair was closer to her.

Billie opened her eyes and looked at me.

Maddie: "How do you feel babygirl?"

Billie: "Not good."

I scratched her scalp for second and then I pulled out my laptop, because she needs to rest, and I need to edit a video. My email was open when I first opened my laptop, I refreshed it to reveal that there was nothing interesting or nothing new. I let out a low sigh, because I'm trying to book myself out but it's not going how I want it to.

                        Kenzie🌵

                                                    dude, book me out before tour, you can't start until saturday because bil is in the hospital dying of pneumonia. god damn that's a hard word to spell anyways.

Lmao, okay. Tell billie she'll be in my thoughts and please don't get sick.

                                                    trust me imma try my best.

Read at 10:30PM.

I turned off my phone, and put in one AirPod, because if case one of them wanted to talk. I started editing my video, it was a closet tour, that's been one of the most requested videos. Right next to dressing like Billie for a week, but once tour starts I'm not going to be as consistent on YouTube because tour for me is a career break when for Billie this is her career

I was deep in editing my video, like half way done with it. Then I felt a hand on my thigh. I looked up and Billie was looking at me with a pouted lip and glossy eyes.

Maddie: "What's wrong?"

Billie: "Lay with me?"

Maddie: "I don't wanna get sick, but I'll lay with you for thirty minutes."

Billie: "Deal."

She scooted over and patted the bed, I took off my slides and I laid by her. She rested her head on my chest and I could tell she was listening to my heartbeat, she does this a lot. I started scratching her scalp.

Maddie: "Why didn't you say anything?"

Billie: "What do you mean?"

Maddie: "They said that you might have pneumonia, and they said that it's been building for like two weeks."

Billie: "I felt fine until yesterday, then you came over with your detective ass and put everything together."

Maddie: "I'm sorry for caring about your health."

Billie: "No, I care about my health, I really do, I just hate being in the hospital. I don't even understand why I'm sick, like I've done nothing."

Maddie: "I see what you're saying, but I just wish you would've told me the truth."

Billie: "I did! I really thought that it was just one of my moods because I feel exactly the same, as when I have one of my moods."

Maddie: "How often do you have these moods?"

Billie: "I've had them like twice since we've been together, but they happened when we weren't together or you were mad at me."

Maddie: "So they're my fault?"

Billie: "No, that's not what I said, when I'm sad, think of every reason to be sad."

I smiled down at her because I think the exact same way.

Billie nuzzled closer to me, and her breathing slowed down. Meaning she fell asleep, how the hell am I supposed to get up in thirty minutes? The answer simply is, is that I can't.

------------------

this idea was so much better in my head 🙄

thanks ily

words: 1227.