Noah

Elena's POV

He's my everything, always and forever. It's always been just Miles and I. There is no way in the world I would have been able to take it if something happened to him. Especially because of that bastard.

"What's Noah to you?" Luca questions, following me into the bedroom.

"Absolutely nothing," I say turning around to face him.

"If he was nothing you would not have let out such a huge breath of air when I said he was dead," he states. I sigh. It's true though, Noah was nothing to me, but a piece of shit.

"He really is nothing to me," I say looking at him in the eyes.

"Okay, how do you know him? More so, how did the Queen of the Italian mafia get kidnapped by a gang leader from a street gang" he questions. I look at him, studying his body language, facial expression, those god damn beautiful gray eyes.

"We grew up together, bestfriends." I say, giving him a small smile. He looked at me and nodded.

"Why did he kidnap you then?" he asks.

"It's just, I, It's complicated" I shake my head and break eye contact. I don't know why, but I don't want him disappointed in me. Enough people already are and if not my men, Miles needs a warm bed to sleep in.

I was so engrossed in my own thoughts, I didn't even notice the human standing in front of me. He looked at me intensely, well I just stared at the wall behind him.

"Elena,"

"Helena," he says a little more sternly. I shake my head.

"Helena Grace," he urges. I shake my head more rapidly.

"I can't" I look at him in the eyes. "I can't risk it getting out. You know to much already. And Miles, he," I pull away from his gentle hold and let out a breath of air.

"Elena, I would never hurt Miles, hell, I've known the kid for about 4-5 hours and he already got me wrapped around his little finger, please, just trust me." he begs walking closer to me.

"He got bad, he got really bad. I couldn't go anywhere without him being mad. If I dared talk to a boy, the boy got the shit beat out of them and I got locked in his house, days at a time. My dad didn't care, or notice. The worst part about it all, was we weren't even dating. We never were a thing. He had this obsession over me and when I told him I just wanted to be friends, he flipped," I say, eyes clouding from the memory of that night. The night Are friendship changed forever.

"After that night he apologized like crazy, and really convinced me he changed. I believed him and we became bestfriends again. Then we went to this party, I was 14 and he was 16, I got really drunk and he tried to take advantage of that, but I had already started my gang two years earlier and fought him off long enough for someone to come and beat the shit out of him." I shook my head at that memory.

"I convinced my mom to let us move, and she obliged. That happened a couple times, a game of cat and mouse. Mom would come home right in time to knock him out and call the cops, or a friend would beat the shit out of him and take me to there home for the night." I refuse to make eye contact with him but his fists are clenched, knuckles white, pressed into his sides, so it was safe to say he was pissed.

"Then when I was 15 I was home alone, seated in my room, typing an essay for school. He got in through my moms bedroom window, let's just say the night didn't end well. He was so delusional, that the next day he went to make me breakfast. I called Cameron over to 'hang out' because I wanted him to be calm when he came. Long story short, Noah ended up in the hospital, an we ended up moving again," I say sitting down on his couch, he took the seat right to me.