Lights Out

Elena's POV

"I didn't know he would be this smart, the kids fucking three," a raspy boy growls out from around the corner.

"I know, I-" the guy stops talking when I walk around the corner, my gun drawn, Cameron right behind me.

"Hey boys," I wave my gun at the 14 guys surrounding my bambino, smiling cheekily.

"Who the fuck are you?" one questions.

I gasp dramatically, glaring at the guy.

"Did your momma never teach you to not cuss in front of children?" I question, feigning a appalled expression.

"My moms dead,"

"Oh congrats, your already half way to becoming batman," I snap.

"Fuck off,"

"Oh I will once you give me my kid," I state, my voice getting more serious at the end.

A look of realization crosses there face, and they all pull out guns.

"Your out numbered Helena, what's the plan?" A different guy talked.

"Yo, Cam, what time is it?" I ask, ignoring his question, my eyes making there way to the one light bulb hanging in the middle of the room.

I make eye contact with Miles, and squint my eyes slightly, to which he drops his head, knowing what was about to happen.

"About 9:17, why?" he asks, his voice dripping with fake curiosity.

I look back at the men, giving them a sweet smile.

"Boys, I think its time for lights out," I say, to which they look at me in confusion.

I raise my gun in one swift movement, before anyone could respond, and shoot the light bulb, encasing the room in darkness.

Gun shots rang out, but I none hit me or Cameron, for we ran across the room the moment the bulb shattered.

I shot everything that moved in the dark, knowing that Cameron was smart enough to stay behind or beside me.

Once the room became silent, I walked calmly to the chair Miles was in.

Cameron untied a unconscious Miles, panic attack, well I stood carefully watching my surroundings in the darkness.

We didn't tell anyone else with us, or tell anyone else we found the location of Miles because we still don't know who the mole is.

That's why I had to shoot out the bulb, me and Cameron were way outnumbered and I was not about to take any chances.

"Lets go," I say, once Cameron is done.

*****

"He's stable. He has two broken ribs on his left side, his right clavicle was broken, and his right shoulder was dislocated. Miles also has a massive brain swelling to which we placed him in a medical coma to hopefully reduce the swelling," Tomas, the new gang doctor says.

"How long till he wakes up?" Cameron questions.

"A couple of days, that's all," he says.

We both nod, me biting my lip, Cameron playing with his bracelet.

"Wha-"

"WHAT THE FUCK HELENA, your kid finally gets found after 5 months of being missing, and you don't think, 'oh lets tell the person who stayed with you through every fucking night you cried from nightmares,'" A voice screams, interrupting Tomas's response.