𝐒𝐈𝐗

𝗣𝗦𝗬𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗦

𝗣𝗦𝗬𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗜𝗦

"ELLIE? ELLIE PLEASE!" the blow to the floor had knocked the brunette girl unconscious, and she was limp in his arms. "goddamnit," michael whispered under his breath. if only he'd have supported her head or something. their exit had completely blown up, but they could get through it. eleanor wasn't responding, though mike could see her chest rising and falling at a steady pace. there was a blow to the side of her head which was definitely going to leave a nasty bruise, but she wasn't gonna have any brain damage or whatever from it.

mike couldn't just leave her here, he couldn't fail another person tonight. he'd failed jess, he wasn't going to fail ellie. he steadily lifted the unconscious girl up into his arms, thankful for her petite size. "alright, we're gonna go down here, okay?" he spoke to her just in case she could still hear him, which she definitely couldn't. adjusting her position in his arms, he stepped over the burning liquid and began walking through the caves, looking for a way out. he knew that he wouldn't be able to climb too much, or at all really with ellie in his arms like this, so he'd have to just hope there was a straight way out. there must've been, right? why else would there be a locked gate?

he kept walking, having to keep shifting eleanor in his arms so she didn't fall. it was really damn dark down here, and it was super creepy. at least he wasn't alone..sorta. he'd felt a lot more at ease when ellie was making jokes and keeping him company, but now she had a massive bash on the side of her head, scratches from brambles all on her face, and scraped up knees and hands.

tonight was not the sexcapade jess had spoken of. it was far from it.

"ugh, come on. easy does it mikey." he spoke as he ducked under this wooden gate that was set up, making sure ellie didn't bash her head even more than she already had. once on the other side, he quickly stood up and looked upwards, seeing a shaft of light. didn't samantha tell him that meant a direct way out? he looked between ellie and the shaft of light, debating between himself.

he could make it up there. he could make it to safety.

but ellie couldn't.