𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄

𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗜𝗥

𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗣𝗔𝗜𝗥

"ELLIE-." THE GIRL had been through enough that night, mike didn't want to see her go through anything else.

ellie gave him a look that told him to stop arguing. she was gonna go whether he liked it or not. "if you're fucking going, i'm fucking going."

the other three looked between themselves, not knowing how to feel about the whole thing. "mike, ellie...i really don't think that's a good idea. we should stay put, right here, until dawn. at least we're safe down here-." sam tried to convince the two, though they were both stubborn as hell when they wanted to be.

"oh? yeah? all wrapped like a little present with a bow on top for that thing to tear us apart on christmas morning?" mike exclaimed, clearly getting frustrated. ellie didn't want to get involved with the argument, so she just jumped down from the table she was sat on and went to stand beside mike so they could leave.

"people will come for us. in the morning." sam sighed, though she didn't sound so sure. "that's what'll happen, right em?"

emily nodded, still sat up on the counter where all the guy's stuff was. "yeah, i mean... right?" she really didn't want those guys to go in case that thing went after them.

"well, you can wait, me and ellie are leaving!" mike just wanted to go, and he grasped onto ellie's hand and began walking towards the back door of the basement with her, until emily turned around and told them there was no key for the cable car, which meant they couldn't use it.

"josh," ellie whispered before mike finished her thought. "he's gotta have it. one of his dirty little tricks. if that fucking thing got a hold of josh, then... we're shit outta luck."

emily rubbed at her arms as she spoke, clearly still pretty traumatised despite now being a classified badass. "i don't know, mike, it's possible. it may have taken him down to the mine. i saw some horrible stuff down there... i think it's where that thing lives.."