ten

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

I lock the door behind me and decide to go take a shower. My mom is at work.

I don't like talking about my family much, we aren't very close. But I'm fine with it, I have the gang.

My dad left my mom when he found out she was pregnant with me. Since then it's just been her and I. My moms name is Lin Jones. She works at the hospital.

I walk into the bathroom shutting the door behind me. I strip of my clothes and turn on the water. While I wait for it to warm up I brush my hair.

After my shower, I go into my room with the towel wrapped around me. I pick out a pair of blue jeans along with a light purple tank top and a pair of hoop earrings.

Before I get dressed, I moisturize my face and put on some chapstick. I then start drying my hair and getting dressed for the rest of the day.

I'm sure the boys must be worried about me. I've never not been there before 10. Though, I won't be too late I suppose.

I feel much better after the shower, but I still have a bit of s headache. I walk into the kitchen and open our medicine cabinet, pulling out some ibuprofen and swallowing it with water I get from the sink.

I walk out the door and make my way to the Curtis house. It's not too far of a walk and it's quite nice out today.

I don't live too far from Bucks, either. I always pass by that place if I walk to the Curtis household.

Today just ain't my day.

I hear a car behind me and some shouting from a group of socs. I walk as fast as I can.

Keep walking, Madison. Keep walking, Madison. Keep walking, Madison.

Of course, my shorts legs can't out walk their car. They speedily pull up in front of me stopping forcefully. The one in the passenger seat hops out first.

"Hey, baby. What you doing all by your lonesome?" A tall brown haired kid says coming toward me.

Another one comes out, a blonde boy named Bob Sheldon. He's dating Cherry Valance.
"What a pretty grease.." He says patting his buddy on the shoulder. It seems to only be the two of them this time.

I don't speak, it's not like I'd know what to say anyway. Nothing I could or want to say would do me any good. It'd just dig me deeper.

"How about we give you a haircut? Make you look like one of the boys you love to hang around so much..." the brown haired boy says.

Before I know it, they gave me pushed onto the ground. I try to kick but Bob sits on top of me and the other boy punches me right in the face.

Out of instinct, I start screaming as loud as I can, only for another blow to my face. Bob shoves a handkerchief in my mouth to keep me quiet, but I get my left hand free and slug him right in the nose.

I then do the same to the brown haired boy, who I now know as Randy, from what Bob said as he stumbled back.

I take the handkerchief out of my mouth and try to stand up, only for Randy to kick me in the back, sending me back down while I yell in pain.

He turns me over onto my back and they both start to kick me in the sides, making me cry more and more. Bob then proceeds to get on top of me one more time, takes out his pocket knife and grabs a fist full of my hair.

I close my eyes as tight as I can, and suddenly I feel his weight lifted off of me.

"Shit, Bob! Let's book it!" I hear Randy's muffled voice say. I turn to my side and curl into a ball, crying from the pain.

I hear their mustang start up again and the tires screeching away.