eleven

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

"Shit," is what I hear before I can feel someone moving me. It's hard to make out who it is cause everything sounds so far away. "Open your eyes, Madison. Can you hear me?"

I try to open my eyes, only for them to be blurred by my tears. I groan in pain and lift my hand to wipe my eyes.

I make out the voice to be Dallas Winston. I see him in front of my face staring down at me, as if he's waiting for me to say something. We stay there for a moment, me in too much pain to move.

"They got you good, huh?" He says with a light laugh. I feel my body being lifted off the ground. I groan louder this time, I can feel the pain more intensely

"Don't you worry, I got you." He says. "I scared em away, doll." He says with a hint of confidence in his voice.

I hear a door close, which I assume is the Bucks front door. I open my eyes to my best ability and am greeted by Dallas' face. He smirks at me and walks us up the stairs.

Gently laying me on his bed, he begins to talk but I instantly pass out from exhaustion.

-

I wake up in a familiar bed, which I soon realize is Dallas'. I turn myself onto my back, yelping in pain. I start to try and get myself up before I feel cold hands pushing me back down.

"Jesus, stop resisting would ya?" He says letting go of me.

I let myself lay back down, letting out a huff. I smile a little, letting out a bit of a laugh.
"How do I look?" I ask.

Dallas looks down at me, curling his lips thinking of an answer. He crosses his arms over his chest.

"You look tough. And not the good tuff either, kid." He says sitting himself on the end of his bed.

I lick my lips, tasting blood. I wrinkle my nose in discomfort, and begin to sit up again. This time, he doesn't try and stop me.

I rub my head and look at my legs and arms the best I can. My pants are torn up, and my shirt is stained with blood. I have cuts and bruises all over my arms, which I'm sure the rest of my body does too.

"I gotta take ya to the hospital, kid" Dallas speaks up and takes out a cancer stick, lighting it from his necklace.

"Nah, I'm fine," I say getting up, only for pain to shoot through my body, causing me to fall back down onto the bed which inflicts more pain. Dallas chuckles.

"How about I go get you some ice, huh?" He says leaning against the wall next to the door.

"That'd be great, Dal." He nods and walks out the door, leaving me alone for a short amount of time.

I decide to try and get up again, finally succeeding. I limp over to a circle mirror he has hanging on his wall and examine my face.

I have a bruise under my left eye, a cut along my cheek and a few scratches on the right side of my face.

My head is pounding, and I think about the last time I woke up here after getting black out drunk one night.