fifteen

-------✰-------

-------✰-------

dallas and i walk to the diner where johnny and pony were. i kept quiet until dallas spoke up. "something on your mind?" he asks looking at me.

"ah, nothin important. just thinking bout what i wanna get to eat." i reply back and look up at him with a small smile.

of course it wasn't nothing, but im not gonna tell him that he's on my mind. he's always on my mind. he's seemed a little angry at me or something since we got out the store.

"is..there something on your mind?" i ask him. it's risky, considering he never talks about how he feels, and the fact that he's already upset with me, this'll probably make it worse.

he glares at me for a moment then laughs. "what makes you ask that?"

"oh..nothin. you just seem a little upset with me all the sudden. but i get it if ya don't wanna talk about it."

he stops walking for a moment. confused, i stop too. he's looking at me like i'm crazy, shakes his head and breathes out real loud then continues walking.

"sorry." i say quietly, a bit embarrassed and sad that i made him upset.

we finally made it to the diner after walking in silence the rest of the way. i see pony and johnny, they smile and wave us over. dallas sits next to johnny and i next to pony.

"i got you two kids a pack." dallas says handing the boys each their own pack of cigarettes from the store earlier.

"what'd you guys go do?" pony asks laughing and shoving me in the shoulder. i didn't get it at first, but when i did i felt my face turn red.

"nah man," dallas huffs "just went to the store to grab some things." he says. i look down at my hands and begin playing with them.

"oh..sorry." pony says, thinking he had made him angry asking that. i can feel dallas staring at me. pony and johnny continued their conversation they were having when we walked in.

"um-" i pipe up "i'm gonna grab some grub." i say standing up.

usually the workers come to you but i decided to go order it up at the counter since they probably think they don't need to come over again cause they already did pony and johnny.

before i get to the counter, pony puts his hand on my shoulder. "what's up? what's wrong with dal?" he asks.

"i dunno, hes been upset with me after we got done with the store. i must've done something wrong during the process."

"oh..alright." pony says "you ever stolen before?" he asks again.

"no." i say plainly.

"uh- okay. well i got some extra money from what dal gave us. thought you could use it. also dallas says he wants a coke." he says handing the money to me, heading back to our booth.

i go up and order a fry for myself and a coke for dallas. i point to what table we're sitting at and the worker nods his head.

i make my way back to the booth. "he's gonna bring it to us when it's ready. shouldn't be too long." i say speaking to dallas when i sit down.

he ignores me and continues his conversation with johnny. pony looks at me and gives me a small smile as some sort of "sorry."

when our food arrives, i thank the worker and start eating my fries. dallas downs his coke real quick, and as do i with my fries.

when we finished, we all decided to start heading to the movie. it was about 7:00 now.

we get in under the wire fence, and make our way to the seating area. the movie didn't start for about another 10 minutes.

"hey pone," i say quietly so dallas or johnny can't hear. i'm sitting at the end of the chairs, pony next to me, dal next to him then johnny.

"did you ever talk to johnny bout why he seemed upset?" i ask him

"oh, yeah. said he's just tired of dealing with his parents."

i hum in response and look toward johnny who's talking to dallas. it hurts my heart so much that he's hurting. i'd do anything to take that away from him.

the movie finally started and let me tell you, it wasn't very interesting. the tension in the air between me and dallas didn't make it any better.