42 | Lilac

My body sinks into the couch like a lost lover, eyes heavy lidded with exhaustion and I let them shut for a just a second.

With a start, I jerk awake, whipping my head to where I feel his eyes on me.

"Lilac." Sebastian starts but I turn away, pushing myself from the couch and walking for the stairs, keeping my steps silent when I hear the soft snores and murmurs from the loft above, seeing the bodies sleeping peacefully in the two beds.

I still on the bottom step, turning back to face Sebastian.

"What do you want?"

Seb stops below me, his eyes skimming up and down my body as I do the same, checking over his injuries quickly before I meet his gaze once more.

His lips curl into a self satisfied smirk and I narrow my eyes, "What do you want?" I repeat.

"I just want to talk, Angel."

"Well I don't." I mutter, taking the step up, lengthening the distance between us.

"I need to explain-"

"Explain that you were working for my father the whole time you knew me, that you kissed me while knowing so much more about me then you gave away?" I hiss, "That you let me sleep with you, thinking I knew you and the whole time you were lying?"

"Angel-" I cut him off with a scoff.

I step back down to the bottom step, bringing my face close to Sebs, "That you continue to call me Angel, even though you knew who I was the whole fucking time?!"

He takes a quick step up, his body skimming mine as he takes ownership of the step I'm on, forcing my back to arch over the railing.

His hand comes up, curling into the back of my hair and pushing my face forward as he slants his lips over mine, biting my lips harshly with a growl.

My body relaxes into his, lips moving over his as he invites a moan from my chest, his fingers curling into my blood red strands.

A grunt releases form his lips when I kiss him, biting harshly on his bottom lips until I draw blood and then is shove him back.

"No." I mutter shaking my head, wiping the back of my hand against my mouth. "You don't get to just kiss me and make me forget."

I shake my head, "You had plenty of time to tell me."

His shouoders drop, "I know. I made a mistake."

"And I'm not going to." I state.

I move up the steps, turning my back on him until I reach the top, where I stare back at him.

"I don't want you to hate me." He says to my retreating back.

"I don't hate you." I say softly.

He narrows his eyes, feeling the lie even when it's bathed in truth.

"I hate that I'll never be able to hate you." I amend, "Now leave me alone"

Seb stays quiet, his eyes jumping between mine as he searches for an answer.

"Don't bother coming up with excuses, I don't want to hear them." I shake my head. "You and I are done."

I cling to the rail like it's a life raft, my whitening knuckles tightening on the banister as I watch Seb stumble off the bottom step to the ground.

"I'm going after him." His voice travels up the stairs to lay at my feet like a forgotten puppy, his voice low. "Samael."

My fingers tighten on the rail more, the timber biting into my skin. "He's not yours to kill."