CHAPTER FORTY

"Yeah Cisco, I'm talking like Predator, but you know, ten times as big

"Yeah Cisco, I'm talking like Predator, but you know, ten times as big."

Alex had been at home when the metahuman alert went off. She raced down town instantly when Cisco said that they couldn't get eyes on whatever was happening downtown. She as surprised to see that instead of a metahuman roaming the streets, it was a huge monster the size of King Kong.

People were yelling as they were running away from the scene. A transformer right in front of her flew up which made her cower away from the sparks. The monster that rounded the corner was huge and even with her powers, she wasn't quite sure if she could stop it. Not to mention that Barry wasn't there either.

The thing roared as it turned to face Alex. She could swear that out of all the people in the streets it was only looking at her. "I signed up for meta's not a fucking monster how the hell am I supposed to stop this thing on my own?" Alex yelled over the screams of terror. She had to admit that she was pretty scared herself.

Out of everything that she had faced, not once had she ever seen anything like that. It was big, much bigger than Grodd or King Shark. She didn't know how she was even supposed to try to attempt to take it down. Cisco mumbled something over her earpiece but she couldn't understand it and assumed that he was talking to HR.

It was a couple nights ago that Harry and Jesse sadly departed once again. This time, Alex had been there and was able to say goodbye this time. She nearly cried as she hugged the father-daughter duo. She would miss them dearly, especially now that Jesse was a speedster. She was sure that they would soon be back.

The same time, Harry had brought in HR, his replacement. Though he was nothing like the Harry that they knew, he seemed kind and funny - which is something that they had never gotten out of a Harrison Wells. The team figured that they would give him a shot but were unsure of him at first.

They knew that Harry had to return to his earth and get things back to the way they were before Zoom held reign over it, but that didn't mean that they wouldn't miss him there. He was a key aspect to the team and it wasn't going to be the same without him or Jesse to keep them company in the lab.

In front of her, a lamp post collapsed right on top of the bus, trapping everyone inside while the monster approached. Alex raced over and was surprised to see none other than Iris West trying to pry open the door on her own. "Iris? What the hell are you doing here? It's dangerous," Alex helped her to open the door.

It was easy for her to get it open with one pull. "Running a story. Last time I checked you didn't need a suit to help people," Iris informed. All the people ran out of the bus with Iris helping them to safety. Alex told her to get out of there along with those civilians while she tried to stop the monster that roamed the streets.

Alex yelled at Cisco over her headset that she didn't know where the monster went. "Can't track it, if I can't see it," he told her. She rolled her eyes and him. "Wait, head north three blocks." Alex listened to him a ran the streets only to see that they were empty and traffic was going as per usual.