Feelings Realized

Y/n's P.O.V

The explosion knocked us all to the ground. I felt some burning on my arms as I pushed myself off of the ground.

When I looked back, Sonic was on the ground. He wasn't moving at all. I felt my throat start to clench as tears formed in my eyes.

I made my way to Sonic, dropping to my knees and pulling him onto my lap.

"Sonic... please..."

I leaned down, putting my ear to his chest. His heart was pounding, but maybe that was normal for him. As long as he was alive, it didn't matter. I pulled him closer to me, hugging him gently.

I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked up at my dad who also looked worried about Sonic. I felt tears streaming down my face now.

"Come on, let's get Sonic back into the truck."

"What?"

"I think we need to go pay your mother a visit."

I nodded. That's right. We are close to where my mother is. I heard she went to go see my aunt and my cousin, Jojo.

I carried Sonic in my arms. My dad opened up what was left of the backseat door. I climbed in, laying Sonic on my lap and grabbing the blanket off of the floor. I laid it on top of Sonic, stroking his quills with my other hand.

"You'll be okay, Sonic. I promise...."

Tom's P.O.V

I watched as Y/n cradled Sonic in her arms. She really cares about that hedgehog.

I still couldn't believe that Sonic almost threw his life away to save Y/n. It should have been me that took the blow for Y/n. I'm her dad.

I couldn't even think of anything to say to Y/n. What could I say? It was probably just best to let her take care of Sonic.

Now I really had to face the facts. Sonic loved Y/n enough to almost die for her. What if he thought it would kill him and he still protected her anyway? And what did I do? I just stood there and watched.

How could I save anyone's life if I can't even protect my daughter? It became hard to drive as I felt my eyes get foggy.

I needed to focus if I wanted to save Sonic. I had to save him, for Y/n.

Y/n's P.O.V

I watched Sonic's face, looking for any sign of him waking up. It seemed like all of my hopes were in vain. He didn't move an inch.

"I'm sorry, Y/n..."

I looked up at my dad, sad and confused.

"For what?"

"I should have protected you better. I shouldn't have let Sonic be the one to rush into danger to save you."

I didn't really think about it. I didn't think about how my dad felt. I didn't realize that he would blame himself for this.

"It's not your fault, Dad. Sonic would have rushed in to save you too. It's just what he does."