Chapter 21

"Aunt I'm sorry........... Please!", Stephanie screamed.

Her aunt had a foot on her ankle, pressing it down slowly. Stephanie had not realized until then that her ankle had not been sprained but fractured. She could literally feel her bones in her ankle grinding painfully against each other.

Mrs. Bats was laughing sinisterly with her head thrown up.

"You know, I've always hated you."

Stephanie wanted to say something like- The feelings mutual - but she was in too much pain. Also there was an insane glow in her aunt's eyes.

Oh dear. She's going to kill me. 

Her aunt put full force on her already broken ankle.

Crack.

Stephanie heard an inhuman yowl fill the entire house. Later, she realized it was hers. Part of her was amazed that she could do that. She had only heard it in movies. Like Monster University. Her ankle throbbed beyond her imagination and she was dripping in sweat.

Mrs. Bats stomped her stomach. While she giggled hysterically, Stephanie gasped in pain. She ignored that feeling for the time being and tried to look for her phone. In the midst of all that, she fell out of the couch.

There!

Under the couch.

Her hand launched towards the phone but her aunt stamped on her forearm.

"What are you reaching for, honey?"

The last word continued bouncing in her head as another wave of dizziness and pain enveloped her brain.

Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey.

*

Flashback:

"Mom are you going for long?", Stephanie cried as she asked.

Her mom smiled brightly at her.

"Honey! It's not for long. I promise you we'll keep in touch every possible moment", her mom said, reassuringly.

She had no idea it would be the last time she would be seeing and hugging her daughter. The last time speaking with her. Stephanie nodded with tears in her eyes.

"May let's go. Bye Steph! Love you", her dad said, looking at her with those kind-filled eyes. 

Where's Brian? Doesn't matter. He's not going to suffer anyway.

"Angela look after them for us", her mother said, turning towards her sister.

"Like always sister!", Angela replied.

The door closed. The car drove away with them forever. Taking the light with it, leaving Stephanie in a dark abyss.

"Angela aunt I'll be goi-"

Angela slapped her hard, causing her lips to bleed.

"What did I tell you before honey?", she cooed. 

"Mrs.....Mrs Bats!", Stephanie gasped. 

"That's good hon-ey!"

Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey. Honey.

*

Stephanie soon received a reality check by the pain. If she didn't do anything soon, she might have two broken bones. Or be mortally dead.