Chapter 32

Meanwhile :

"Shit", Nathan said.

"What happened?", Stephanie said. 

She scooted her butt to him and was horrified at what she saw. 

"Why the frack is the ceiling bleeding?", he screamed lightly.

It was true though.

There was blood dripping from the gaps between the planks of wood above them. Nathan got some of it on his hands, hair and nose too. It would have been hilarious to look at considering it had not been blood.

Nathan had a morbid expression on his entire face and Stephanie wondered if hers reflected his too. 

"Did aunt break her head? I wish she died! Wait no.... I don't wanna be here till eternity!", he said on second thoughts.

Stephanie didn't think so though. She had this much sense the uninvited guest was definitely Chris. And above them was the kitchen.......

"SHACKIN' HELL!", she blurted.

"Wha- wha-wha- what?", he stammered fast, turning his head in every direction.

She looked outright terrified and was at the verge of tears. Something told her that it couldn't be her aunt at the least. Her instincts knew it had to be Chris. There was nothing else to injure anyone in the kitchen worth bleeding like that just due to a little fall.

"It's Chris", she gasped, her voice hitched at her throat.

She looked up but saw nothing. If it was Chris, and something happened to him she would....... she would.....

"You would what?", Nathan asked.

"Huh?"

"You were saying if anything happened to Chris you would .... you would... and then you stopped. Don't leave me on a note of suspense!", he said with anger surging through his veins.

"Nothing. My mouth was voicing my thoughts without my permission.", she muttered.

"Whatever it is, it's not your fault! If anything it's that walking dead's fault!", he said in an attempt to calm her and himself down.

He had never been one to sit back and see a person blame himself for something inevitable.

"This walking dead?", Stephanie's aunt came into view just out of nowhere.

"Jesuses! How do you even materialize?!", Nathan cried moving as far as he humanly could.

His hand unconsciously touched the burnt skin at his ankle that his aunt gave him as a welcome present.

On usual times, Angela pursued him but her mind was preoccupied with other things or person. Stephanie was confused. She hadn't heard the wall slide and her hearing was pretty top-notch.

"How did you come in?", she asked.

"From the door after I unlocked it with this key", her aunt smirked, showing her the shining little thing to her.

"Marilene", she sang.

Stephanie was utterly bewildered. If she didn't find her outside then where did she go? What happened to her?

"You think we would be here if she had been here? Woman use your rarely used senses at least for a moment", Stephanie fumed up.

WHY? WHY DO YOU LIKE DYING SO MUCH?!!

Angela looked at her and smirked like a toad. Stephanie wanted to laugh but she was too overwhelmed with fear to even smile. Her aunt decided to say something when she suddenly frowned.

"Where's Nathan?", she asked.

Stephanie whirled around to see just darkness coloured with splotches of blue morning light. She had been too focused on her aunt to even notice that her stalker was gone.

"DIE!", came his voice from behind Angela.

He jumped on her and tangled her down and almost pinned her on the floor but she still had her arms and feet free. She elbowed him in the groin and Nathan cowered in agony and rolled away from her.

Mrs.Bats got up and kicked him in the shins once before saying,

"You wait. I'll see how cute and pretty you look when your face is kissing that hot iron rod"

Then she spat at him and disappeared behind the walls.

Stephanie went over to him with the help of her knees. He was groaning still, hands covering his broken balls.

"You were gonna adopt a child or not have kids?", she scolded him but also grinning at the same time. It was funny no matter how she saw it.

"No but I got this", he grinned through the pain and lifted the small piece of shiny silver.

The key.

*

Steve returned with a bowl of water and a kitchen towel to Chris on the couch.

Chris eyed behind him and then at him quickly. Back and forth continuously.

"She.... behind... there", he breathed weakly.

Steve was perplexed. But sometimes his brain worked in ways unknown to the human race.

He turned around just in time to see Mrs.Bats charge at him with what looked like an iron rod. His reflexes were faster than his brain this time.

He smashed the bowl of water at her feet whilst throwing the towel on her face. All at the same time. Mrs. Bats crashed on the floor and Steve kicked the rod out of her hand. His heart was racing form simply doing these two actions.

"Bitch! You were about to hit me with an unwashed unclean rod filled with who knows how many bacteria and germs! At the most sanitize it! Kills almost 99.99% germs", Steve screamed at her.

Apart from the pain in her butt she was too puzzled and amused to fight back. 

He's different, she thought.

Marilene who heard all the commotion nearly dropped her eyes out of their sockets on seeing the human being she had been keeping an eye out for. 

"How did she-?", she squealed.

Steve shrugged.

"We've got an heir to Vision I guess. Flew in through the walls for all that matters", he said, his tone too tired to put any sarcasm into it.

Chris coughed some more. 

Steve recalled his brother's condition and turned round. His heart sank to the depths of hell. 

He needed help. Immediately.

*****

A/N:

I hit 1k and I am so glad for your support. Don't be ghost readers and vote and comment!!!