Chapter 63

*LONG CHAPTER ALERT*

Another 4 years later :

Chris was ruffling May's hair. It was soft and light brown in color. 
He could smell the shampoo off her hair.

They were sitting on the slab of May's bedroom window, gazing at the world outside. It was a sunny day and the flowers in the front of their window bloomed brighter than ever. Basically, it was one of those days where you didn't go out of your house even if it was a pretty day to spend outside because you were lazy.

After all, it was a Sunday.

The sun's orange-yellow rays made May's hair look like the golden hues of some angel. It looked like the golden fragile wings of a butterfly. It was too mesmerizing to not look at.

May looked at Chris and slid her hands around his waist pulling him closer and resting her head on his sturdy and yet somehow soft chest.

Chris kissed her forehead slightly and ran his hand through his hair. A habbit that handed that hadn't died even after all those years. Early stages of greying were showing at the sides of his hairline.

"Papa?", May said.

She had gotten so accustomed to Greece, she didn't use anything else other than the basic Greek words in the Greek accent. He couldn't blame her considering she had been living here since the time she was one.

"Hmmm?", he softly replied

She looked up at him. Her brown eyes burning with curiosity yet the innocent smile never left her face. The smile that was similar to her mother's.

"Where is mama? When can I see her? You always tell me soon but when is soon?",she asked child-like with a babyish lisp to her words.

I can't tell her the truth.. She'll cry hearing her mother is so far away from her.

"Soon, honey. Soon", he answered instead.

Chris' thoughts wandered off to that day.

*

"I'm sorry Chris. Stephanie.... she lost too much blood. It's difficult to save her at this point.", Steve informed him solemnly.

"So? Take mine!", Chris said, exasperatingly.

Steve shook his head sadly and painfully slowly.

"She's an O negative type Chris. You are not. We need a blood donor.. which we don't have at the moment."

"Don't loose hope now! Perhaps we have someone who can donate some to her! Look through all of her contacts and relations!", Wendy stressed.

Steve's eyes perked up in attention. He rushed to his office, made a few calls and began to look through files on his email.

"I found a connection!", Steve announced fifteen minutes later. "But it has to be fast. She barely has more than half a day. Two hours is all we have and so does she."

"Who is it?", Wendy asked, her legs shaking furiously. 
Steve pursed his lips.

"It matches with Angela. Mrs.Bats"

Chris thought somebody had poured acid on his body.

*

The bell rang.
Chris patted May's hair and got up to see who it was so late in the afternoon. He opened the door to see a goddess standing in front of him.