Epilogue

Seven years later after Brandon was proved a convict, anyone could turn on the television and hear a sudden and drastic news.

It was the same time when Stephanie threw a party for her daughter May's fifth birthday inviting all. 
The same time when Marilene arrived to see Stephanie after seven straight years and realize her feelings for Stevenson Richards.
The same time when Angela was to be released after serving extra jail time for two years due to her involvement in the Crimsons' murder.
The same time Jake would feel like flying to the Mars and laugh himself giddy with happiness.
And the same time when Nathan would find someone who was capable of killing him.

The same time when everyone was happy and when everything seemed perfect in this cruel human world, one could hear the following being displayed on the news channels and newspapers :

CONVICT FOUND DEAD

"Brandon Collins, a convict responsible for the murder of three people and for holding five innocent people hostages to fulfill his greed-filled dreams, was found dead today in his cellar quarters by the daily patrol police.

The police reported on Sunday that he was found hanging from a cellar hook on the ceiling with the help of his bed sheets as a hanging rope. That is not all! His wrists were found slit, bleeding at the same time too. There have been numerous gruesome suicides here and perhaps life for these prisoners becomes hard for those serving for long periods. The police said that as expected it was a suicide as he couldn't adapt to the life of a prisoner, having lived one of ease and comfort.

Seems like the one who manipulated a mentally weak ad aggressive person was the one who was weak and cowardly at the end!"

*

Brandon's body was taken out of the prison and transported to the hospital to have him officially declared dead.

Jake stared at the body with narrowed eyes until it was out of sight. Stacy stood beside him, leaning on the prison bars with a cigarette in her heads.

"Want a puff?", she offered.

"No I don't smoke. You know that.", he rejected.

Stacy shrugged.
Jake walked off.

"It wasn't a suicide, was it?", she said without looking up.

That made him stop in his tracks. He turned around oblivious to what she meant.

"What do you suggest happened then?",he asked, raising his eyebrows questioningly.

Stacy looked at the smoke in front of her, unbothered as she spoke.

"What? You think every death of the convicts who died here was a suicide? You are better than that. Considering that all of them were murderers."

"Go on."

"I think it was your doing."

Jake smiled knowingly without the trace of any humor in his eyes.

"It's not murder if you do the Earth a favor. Plus you know : I hate murderers.", he conceded.

"You think you are the one who has to do it?",she asked, looking at him finally.

There was no friendliness there. There never had been. Stacy had been just a partner to him and yet the only one who actually knew and understood him better than anyone else.  Because she had a past of her own too. Another reason that confirmed that she would not report him.

Jake smirked.

"Someone had to do it. Who better than a detective with a clean record?"

Saying so, he walked off.

He had an ex-convict to meet and he couldn't wait to hold her in his arms.

~THE END~

*****

And so fellas we have come to an end. I hope you enjoyed reading it even though it was so long!

Thank you a lot for bearing with me! There will be three bonus chapters on our supporting characters cause hell didn't they support a lot!

BYE AND VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!