Side Story 1

7 years later :
(On May's 5th birthday)

Steve was waiting at the arrival gate of the Greece airport in Athens.

He had made sure he was dressed up. A new white shirt from Gucci and black leather pants that he borrowed from Chris, were not the kind of outfits you would expect a doctor to be wearing. His hair was straightened up and fluffy. Marilene liked his hair without the gel, so he didn't apply any.

It was time now.

She should be arriving pretty soon. Steve was jumping on his toes but kept a cool face. With his hands in his pockets, it looked like he was exercising his toes and ankles.

However as soon as Marilene came in front of his sight all of his coolness flew away. She looked very different.
Amazing actually.

Her orange-flaming hair was now up to her waist. She emitted the stylish-bitch-of-the-century vibe that you see in the movies. Only this was real. Seemed like old-age didn't work for her. Even after being close to her thirties she looked like a model!

A transparent orange-colored shades covered her eyes as she searched for a familiar face among the people around. A normal t-shirt hugged her body, making the curves along her hips more pronounced and she wore a full-length black denims.

Steve was glad that she didn't wear too revealing clothes. Apart from not being able to control his hormones he might try to cover her from the naked eye. Being over-protective ran in the genes probably.

Then she spotted him.

Forgetting her luggage trolley and how sophisticated she seemed to be, Marilene jumped into his arms.

"Hey Curls! How are you? Gosh you look great! A doctor that great? WOW!", she squealed.

Steve let out a laugh much to his surprise.

"You too!", he said.

They got her luggage and carried it to Chris' car that he had borrowed for the day too. Together they made their way to Stephanie's place.

"Why did they move to Greece anyway?", Marilene asked.

"You know", he started awkwardly. "To move away from the past and everything. Steph expanded her business to here and set up her office here too. So.......I guess that's it"

"I heard she visited Mrs.Bats- I mean Aunt Angela a year ago. Did you see her then? I haven't seen her since then. The network in Nigeria is bad.", she explained.

Steve shrugged.

"Well yeah. Chris eventually told her why she was alive now and who saved her. Stephanie wanted to see her once and for the last so she met her there in the prison. For a month she stayed in the country, settling up business and her property matters before she returned back to her house. So yeah."

"You got a girlfriend?", Marilene asked him without hesitating.

That took him by surprise.

"No", he muttered.

Marilene nodded her head and looked out of the window.

"Y-you?", Steve finally asked an awkward silence later.

He dreaded the answer immensely.

"Yeah I dated a couple guys-", she said.

Disappointment filled in Steve's body. He had waited for seven years only to find this out.

"-but I never connected with them and I didn't like them really. So I broke up with them a long time back."

Steve applied the brakes too suddenly causing Marilene to jerk in front only to be pulled back by her seat belt. 

"What!", she explained in shock.

Then she looked around and noticed the name plate in front of the house that stood before the car.

"Oh! Here we are!"

Marilene undid her seat belt and started to get out but Steve grabbed her hand.

"Why did you not like even one of them? Why not give them another chance?", he wondered softly and deeply.

Heat rushed through Marilene's face. Her cheeks were tinted pink and light-red. Her eyes fluttered between Steve's face and down to his feet.

"Why?", he demanded as confidence filled his self.

"Be-because they were not you.", she whispered back.

She bent forward and both of their lips made contact with each other. It was not deep or awkward. It was a small one filled with a thousand messages that both of them might not be able to say to each other at present.

Then Marilene backed off and smiled shyly before she ran towards the house. Steve wanted to kidnap her, take a fast u-turn and spend the entire day with her but he had a birthday party to attend and exercise his responsibilities as a brother. Also, he didn't want Stephanie to murder him. That was something he terribly didn't want to happen.

As he saw Marilene give Stephanie a heartfelt hug, a small smile escaped his lips.

"I waited for seven years just for that", he mumbled under his breath.

*****

So! Was it to your taste?
Initially I had planned for something spicier but I thought that let the spicy things remain with Chris and Stephanie. Steve and Marilene had just confessed to each other in a way and that was sweet for me so yeah!

Keep voting and wait!!!