Chapter One

In the year 3047, many citizens of Earth remained blissfully unaware of anything out of the ordinary occurring. Aside from the passing of the third world war, and consequent tension between nations, of course. However, for one individual, that was a very different matter entirely, for she was aware of the existence of something that was beyond the imagination of the average human. Then again, she wasn't average or human, it is worth noting. 

A few months had passed since Aurora had first arrived on Earth, and in that time she had, with the support of her trusted allies, torn down a corrupt science laboratory, that unethically tested on extraterrestrial life; she had overpowered a deranged uncle and eventually joined a hidden alien society, and that wasn't even all of it.

A decade ago, when Aurora had first been evacuated from her home planet Galaveri, due to the planet coming to its end, she had never thought that she would be able to find others like her. This was aside from her best friend Nova who she became acquainted with aboard the NS29. The star craft had assisted her for ten years of her life, from Aurora being a young girl into early adulthood. However, as all good things are said to reach over time, it ultimately came to an end. Its systems failed, and as such the NS29 hurtled straight towards planet Earth. 

Aurora had lost a friend in the process, Halcy, but she and Nova vowed never to forget him. Nevertheless, it was not long after Aurora and Nova had begun to walk across Earth's surface that Aurora was unfortunately taken in by the corrupt scientist- Lark Richmonds, who wanted to use Aurora's powers for his own malicious intentions. Ultimately, it was believed, by his brother Colt, that he wanted to make use of Aurora's unique abilities in order to assert more power over the citizens of the planet. Lark had lofty ideals about what one could achieve with such great amounts of power! He had trapped Aurora and tried to turn her against her own allies, but eventually, Leo, Nova and Colt were able to remind Aurora of who she truly was, and they managed to defeat the villainous Lark and leave his laboratory for good. 

Leo reflected on his own evacuation from his home planet Tuldrox, when the two of them were sat in the main dining hall of the extraterrestrial base one morning. 

"My parents didn't make it, either." He stated. 

Aurora sighed with sympathy as she gave one of Leo's shoulders a squeeze, in an attempt to reassure him that he wasn't alone.  

"They would be so proud of you if they could see you now, Lee." She stated. 

"Do you think so?" Leo asked. 

"I know so." Aurora replied. 

Aurora missed her own parents, too. She often thought of them, but she knew that they were long gone. Her mother had been left on Galaveri, while her father had been killed by her own uncle, which while was a tragic situation, Aurora had been able to avenge his death at least when she overpowered Alessio with her own fire form abilities. If there was one thing to be acknowledged about the beings from Galaveri, then it was that they weren't just ordinary, they were completely extraordinary. Putting aside the matter of them coming from another life-harbouring planet, they also had powers. The main forms that Aurora was aware of, were fire forms, who were incredibly emotionally intelligent, forceful beings, and air forms, who were knowledgeable and witty, and had control over the air. 

She wasn't sure what the future held for herself and her powers, but Aurora wasn't unfamiliar with having to work for a person in a higher position of power than she was. On board the NS29, Aurora had carried out ship repairs often in order to ensure that the space craft continued its voyage. 

"I'm going to get on with some work, Leo." Aurora told him with a caring final look towards him before she decided to leave the room. 

"See you later." Leo said more quietly, his eyes returning to the informational graphic about his own planet, Tuldrox, that was currently illuminating his laptop screen.