Chapter Six

When she awoke the next morning, Nova knew that she wanted to talk to Peia. After all, she couldn't help but think about her conversation with Dana, and the thought remained that if there was some possibility of one of her closest friend's family still being out there, she wanted to get to the bottom of it. So, Nova left her room, and the calming silver atmosphere that it provided, and headed down the hall until eventually she had gotten to Peia's. Now, while Nova could be a morning person, Peia certainly was not. Regardless, she had a welcoming demeanor and she wasn't going to shoo her friend away. 

She wandered over to the door of her room and opened it to meet Nova with a pleasant smile. 

Now, Peia no longer had a family. However, what she did have on Tuldrox, before she was torn from her family during the evacuation process, was a sister. Ultimately, someone that she had formed such a great bond with throughout her childhood could never be replaced. Nevertheless, Peia was glad that she had found Dana, and begun to find a new family with the other aliens. Of course, Peia didn't see Nova as a sister. Their connection was still something she was working out, but she was grateful for her being there. 

"Hey Nova, can I help you?" she asked her. 

"I just wanted to talk to you...about Leo," she said. 

Peia gave a small nod, and allowed Nova to enter her room. 

Her eyebrow arched with curiosity as she spoke again. 

"About Leo, you say?" she asked her. 

Nova gave a gentle nod. 

"Yes. I just...I wonder if what Dana told me holds any truth," she stated. 

"Well, Dana doesn't lie," Peia said. 

"It's not that, it's just...she thinks that there's a possibility that Leo still has family out there, that there are still Tuldrox out there. I've been avoiding telling Leo because I'm not sure how he's going to react to it," Nova stated. 

"Well, he's hardly going to just abandon us," Peia stated. 

Nova gave a nod. That much was true, she supposed, but she knew that she didn't want to give Leo false dreams if ultimately he wasn't going to be able to be fulfilled by any of them. 

"I suppose not," Nova stated. 

"I should go have a bubble bath," Peia said then, "They usually soothe my mind. I'll speak with you later, Nova," she told her, and with that, she closed the door to her room. 

Nova was a little surprised that Peia had been so quick to end the conversation, but then she supposed that not everyone appreciated being up at this time of day. 

Naturally, Nova was not the only one up early. She wandered out to the main garden area of the base, that led into the forest, to find Aurora sat upon a tree log, her eyes closed as she was meditating. 

Nova cleared her throat to get her best friend's attention. 

Aurora looked out towards the baby blue sky for a moment, before turning to Nova. 

"Hello," she said, with a gentle smile. 

It was a pleasant day, truth be told. Slightly in between being warm and cool, with a slight breeze heading past them. 

"Hey Aurora," Nova said, sitting down beside her, "Mind if I join you for a moment?" she asked her. 

Aurora shook her head, so Nova closed her eyes, too, and the two of them just existed for a minute, being free with their roaming thoughts, before someone spoke which caused them to re-open their eyes.