Chapter Thirty-One

The next morning a fight broke out between Vela and Mars in the dining hall. The thing was that nobody around them knew exactly what had happened between the both of them.
It all became a little clearer when Vela spoke again.

"How can any one of us trust you? Albi died soon after you arrived!" She stated with narrowed eyes.

Mars just sighed.

"I could ask you the same question, sweetheart," he told her.

Vela glared at him, and Mars glared right back.

"I think you could just benefit from being honest with yourself...none of us really know what you're doing here," Mars said.

Vela exhaled in irritation.

"I don't like you," she said.

"Well, the feeling is mutual. it's a shame because your son is cool. You, however, are far from it."

"I don't tend to associate myself with Galavers like you," Vela said.

"I don't tend to associate myself with mean Tuldroxi so again, mutual feelings here, Velana," he stated.

Mars didn't dislike many people, hated even fewer, but t was safe to say that Vela was really starting to get on his nerves. Accusing him of having hurt poor Albi? What would come next?

Well, she could find out about the intergalactic crimes... he decided to keep that to himself.

Vela, who had grown thoroughly frustrated with Mars, soon left the room. It was a truth to herself alone that she had been alive when the war between Galaveri and Tuldrox had occurred. She wasn't usually the type to hold grudges but ther was something about Mars that upser her considerably. 

She knocked upon the door to Dana's office a few times before Dana opened it to her. 

"Vela? How can I help you?" She asked her. 

Now, Dana had spent the most part of her days recently studying alongside Nova, and building the statue in Albi's memory alongside Colt, who was considerably helpful. As such, she had not had many opportunities to get to know Vela. She always liked to welcome new extraterrestrials to her sanctuary. However, given the fact that a tragic occurance had happened to Lani's son recently, she didn't feel as welcoming. 

"What are you doing?" Vela asked her, ignoring the previous question. 

Dana just raised an eyebrow at her. 

"Just studying," Dana admitted, before going on to explain why, "Our education wasn't provided to us back home on Galaveri...they tend to only allow the elite's children to go to school but given that we were evacuated from our home planet before we could ever get the chance to...I've been teaching myself, and Nova, too," Dana told her. 

"Interesting," Vela said, "Well, I would love to stay and chat but I should go and speak with the others," she said then. 

Dana just gave her a nod of understanding as Vela left her office and wandered through the base, until she came to find Aurora sitting in the dining hall. 

Aurora was relieved that everything between herself and Colt had been sorted. She gave Vela a kind smile as she came to sit beside her. 

"Hi Vela," Aurora said. 

"Hello, Aurora. I just wanted to ask you about something," Vela replied. 

"Anything. Go ahead, Vela," Aurora said to her. 

"I've heard you have strong abilities...you're unique for your kind," Vela stated. 

Aurora turned to her then and raised an eyebrow in curiosity.