Chapter Twenty-Nine

It was by the time the next morning had come around, that they decided to bury Albi and host his funeral. It was traditional for Galavers to build statues in the memory of those that were gone but could never be forgotten. Dana intended to do the same for Albi.

"We will never forget you," Thea said, as she placed a rose down on the Earth where Albi now would rest in peace.

Nova took a step towards her and took Thea's hand in her own, squeezing it gently to reassure her that all would be okay, eventually.

Now, though, all they could do was grieve. They had to allow themselves time to get over the death of Albi no matter how long it would take.

Lani placed a rose down too, and Jeremy wrapped his arm tightly around her to comfort her as Dana finished up the ceremony.

Jeremy had cancelled the scientific festival, knowing that Albi had been supposed to be there. However, Thea considered whether she could change his mind on that one. After all, it seemed likely that Albi would have wanted it to go ahead regardless. Additionally, Albi had wanted for Thea to try and get along with their new stepfather, for Lani's sake. She was going to try to for him.

She wanted to make her brother happy always. No matter what happened. No matter what separated them.

In the aftermath of the ceremony, they returned to the base.

Aurora looked around at the guests and couldn't help but wonder which one of them had been the one to betray them. Colt simply drew her closer to him and kissed her forehead.

"It's going to be okay," Colt told her.

She actually did believe him.

Colt's words soothed her.

"I'll talk to you soon Colt," she whispered to him as she went to speak with Mars.

"Aurora...I am so sorry about your friend Albi," Mars said.

Aurora nodded.

"If I could analyse the situation, though, I would say that it appears that whoever caused this must have had some motive behind it. They want something. Or...they're scared. Perhaps of humans. They acted out. They're villainous..." Mars trailed off then as Aurora's eyes widened slightly.

"Slow down, Mars. We need to figure this out," she told him.

Mars simply gave her a look of agreement, then.

"We won't stop until we find out what happened, though," he said then.

That was a similarity Aurora picked up on between him and Jeremy- they both were determined to do whatever they could for justice to be served. That was also why Aurora simply couldn't believe that either one of them were suspects.

Meanwhile, Vela wandered over to Dana.

"It's a tragedy that we've only been here so long and poor Lani..." Vela trailed off.

Dana just gave a nod.

Jupiter soon walked over to join the both of them.

Now, Jupiter may have been a little cold to them all upon first setting foot on Earth but he truly did care for his brother. After all, they were blood. He hurt at the thought of his brother being saddened by the loss of a friend.
He wandered over to Dana then and bowed gently.

"Dana," he said.

Dana raised an eyebrow at him for a moment, examining his appearance. The eyes were the main giveaway that this was not Leo who was speaking to her. They were forest green. Jupiter.